How would you kill Santiago

Putney

Mongoose
Hi,

Im planning on running a campaign around the assasination of Santiago. Now the trouble with this is all i can think of is mostly fetch and carry missions and the odd sabotage.

The main theme is that the group is being manipulated into thinking that they are helping save santiago, they are actually slowly helping the attempt until at the last minute/just after the event the penny drops and they realise they have been used.

I have not organised what the group will be at the moment, I will encourage as many as possible to be human.

Now the problem i have is Im in the middle of writers block. So I am really hoping you guys could help me out.

The question is, You are trying the kill the Head of the Earth Alliance, you dont want to kill the vice president. You know all the details of the trip. The best spot is the jump point near Io but you need several backups, both in space and on the ground. He needs to be dead before he is safely back on earth. How do you kill him?

Thanks.

don`t know if the EA has a dedicated rescue service, something like a Red Cross transport in the vacinity, able to take the Presidential staff and all off the liner and transport them to safety.

on the Red Cross crew you could have a double agent or sleeper spie, or a person who has been altered by Psi Corps (ala Garibaldi) to kill the President while treating him.

another option would be to use a teep laison on the presidential staff in a fashion similar to how Talia Winters was used, have a Psi Corps agent in the rescue crew send the telepathic wakeup call to the laison, activating the new personality, who then kills the president.

can`t think of anything else at the moment. :wink:

How's about this...

The players know how it went down in the series, so play off of that.

Let them think that they could seriously get Santiago off Earth Force and then obviously they'd have to keep him in hiding for a bit.

Obviously, EF1 still has to go boom, so they have to know there is nothing they can do about the bomb (tamper proof and likely to go off within minutes of discovery).

Depend upon the fact that they will try to get Santiago off if suitably prompted or given the opportunity (a "leaked" schedule).

Of course Santiago is already dead before the bomb went off... His assassin (the guy who planted the bomb, and say a member of the presidential staff) saw to that, and is equipped with a Changling Net, disguised as Santiago for last day or two (maybe?) and looking for a ride off of the ship... Cue the dupes :)

To get them on and off the ship, have them "borrow" a breaching pod from an assault ship (say a conveniently stealth equipped prototype) and lie in wait just before the jump gate (to keep their window of opportunity as narrow as possible). Obviously their rendevous with their "source" goes badly when they deliver the cargo :)

frobisher said:
How's about this...

The players know how it went down in the series, so play off of that.

<SNIP>

Of course Santiago is already dead before the bomb went off... His assassin (the guy who planted the bomb, and say a member of the presidential staff) saw to that, and is equipped with a Changling Net, disguised as Santiago for last day or two (maybe?) and looking for a ride off of the ship... Cue the dupes :)

To get them on and off the ship, have them "borrow" a breaching pod from an assault ship (say a conveniently stealth equipped prototype) and lie in wait just before the jump gate (to keep their window of opportunity as narrow as possible). Obviously their rendevous with their "source" goes badly when they deliver the cargo :)

You are soooo evil. :twisted:

I like the way you think. :D

Sidney

You might be able to use the EF Combat Search and Rescue Regiments. Have one of thier units in the vicinity on an exercise or have a staging area near the jumpgate.

Matt

Seeing that Io is a fairly busy transhipment point, I can definitely see an arm of the Search and Rescue being posted there.

Dag'Nabbit said:
Frobisher, I like your pic.

Viva la Bloom County!!!

Thank you!

Way, waaaay back when I first took up my frobisher alias (on my isp, cix) I was actually loooking to take Opus as my handle but had been beaten to it, so went with my other comic book penguin hero instead. It probably explains why my CixIP account is mr-flibble ;)

Penguin obsessed, nah...

Back