How to make part 6 a challenge part 2

JMISBEST

Mongoose
The only female GM I know has been doing this campaign with her Boyfriend commanding 6 characters, but due to him being very good at manipulating The GM/his girlfriend she has it even worse then I do.

He/his 6 characters have pulled off the same manipulations of Imperial Spies mine did, but have also blackmailed The Ahroaf'if clan into openly supporting them and weaking The Hierte from within, his Nobles son had Zhodani Agents manipulate Kronds daughter/The Tobians Dukes grand-niece and heir after a attack The Ine Givar got The blame for, which makes Queen Rao(Oleb died of old age in his sleep) The Tobian Duchess in all but name, they have the same 4 nations as part of Drinax as mine did and have also forged a alliance with The Glorious Empire against The Hierate and got Darokyn's official alliance by setting up the mind controlled Tobian Duke, Krond and The Dukes daughter in a, supposed, death-trap, Darokyn saved them and got a full pardon

Drinax has 128 planets across 11 subsectors and 3 sectors, the characters command 105 ships that range from 500 ton versions of The Drinax Harrier to A Prototype 10,800 ton version of The 8,000 ton Gazelle and Drinax has 15,814 ships that range from 300 ton medium Scoutship to 49,300 ton version of The 30,000 ton Carrier that a gesture of eternal friendship from the mind controlled Duke to Queen Rao

How can I tell my friend to plan A appropiate Aslan responce that will likely require unique and 1-off alliance of all 27 major clans and what Emperor Stephon The 3rd(The Emperor at the statrts grandson) and this campaign has lasted, thanks to Anagthics, 153.7 in-game years and 4.72 real years. Also advise on how to stop her boyfriend manipulating, they truly love each other and he only manipulates her in their Solo RPG's

Ooops.I forgot to put very unpredictable, very violent, very undiplomatic and almost certainly responce be when he finds out to the bit on Emperor Stephon The 3rd. Sorry

Sorry again. The last bit on the set-up that got Darokyn a pardon should say daughter by marriage, not Daughter and should also mention his grand niece and heir. Sorry about those 2 mistakes, it has been very hot these last 3 days and nights, I have had almost no sleep, have made lots of very minor mistakes and to avoid drink making it worse have had 3 pints of coke each night for 3 nghts and that is rather then my normal 4+ very strong Largers

Umm... I think you need to clarify what you are trying to say so we can understand both the social situation amongst the players and the GM, as well as the in-game circumstances.

If a player is manipulating the GM because they're in a relationship...that's just a bad GM. Period. There's no real way around saying that. My wife is the captain of our group and I don't pull any punches. If the players do something stupid, I'm perfectly happy killing one of them, including her. They all realize that. Having said that, I will say that I've taken it easier on my group than I normally would since 2/3 of them are all completely new to role playing. But after several sessions, I've seen them grow as players and, as such, so have the stakes. But I never actually *let them know* that they had it easy. That's key to being a GM...fudge the dice when you have to so the story and new players doesn't die, be brutal when you have to.

I keep going back to the idea that a multi-subsector empire without capital ships is NOT strong and will get wiped out by anyone with them.

The 3I or the Aslan can bring in a flotilla of 500Kton ships and there is NOTHING that a 5000ton ship can do to stop them, no matter how many you have.

The Pirates/Players are still thinking Adventure Class ships. If you want to make this game a challenge, use Trillion Credit Squadron, or something from Fighting Ships of the Imperium and see how they react to 4 Tigresses with a dozen other ships over 100Kton showing up to see how things are going.

The Pirates/Players have moved to a MUCH bigger stage but are still thinking "small" when it comes to ships. Show them the error of their ways.

Back