How to make dust clouds?

oh don't get me wrong, it probably the most striking and beautiful photo of a gas could ever, really, I agree to that :lol:

I gues I'm just saying, it looks like the outside of a nebula. not like something that you might be inside of. The other photos you could easily believe you're in the thing.

Chern

Ah, well, erm... I guess you could say that ships are close enought to be effected by the nebula without actually being insode of it, ooh, or something like that... ok, your right! :roll: :wink:

What I´m looking for now are pictures of green nebulas - like those seen on TV when the shadows attack brakiri space!? Anyone got a clue where I could find that?

EDIT: Holy... look whatr I´ve just stumbled over:

http://hubblesite.org/gallery/album/nebula_collection/

Niccccccceeeeeee...

there's your green brakiri nebula...the "bubble nebula" in the lower left area. its half blue in that picture.

Chern

edit

went back and looked at the scene...not the same I think, but close.

Chernobyl said:
there's your green brakiri nebula...the "bubble nebula" in the lower left area. its half blue in that picture.

Chern

edit

went back and looked at the scene...not the same I think, but close.

Well, it´s close enough - shouldn´t be a problem to raise the green value of this (and several other Hubble photos) with a suitable programm (like photo canvas).

What we use for dust clouds, is some cut up door mats. I got some very nice ones from wilkinsons that are a dirty brown colour for 75p each, also got some dark grey ones that we scatter stones on to represent asteriod feilds. This has ended the arguements about wether you still in the feild/ cloud or not.

They are about 0.5cm thick so aren't too bulky and do let you stand ships on them fairly eaisly. (They also make great ploughed / corn fields for WW2 15mm war gaming) Using pics of nebulars for dust clouds is a bit like using a satalite picture of the Amazon Rain forest to represent a twig (imho :lol: )

Back