How old are you?

Almost 40. Started back in the 70's ... the boxed basic D&D (still have it), then the first hard cover AD&D books (still have them). Met Gary Gygax at the first D&D camp in Shippensburg, PA.

Quit because it wasn't cool ... until my kids started playing 3E about 4 years ago, and got back into it. Played various others since then. Going to start Conan as soon as I get the books.

Funny how things change, it still isn't cool (by most cultural conventions), but, I don't care.

37. Started playing freshman year of H.S. Stopped playing after about the first 3 Dragonlance books, hehe. Started playing other systems later on.

43 started playing in college with the intermediate DnD box set. totally skipped 2nd edition and started playing again about 2 years before 3rd came out using 1st edition again 8)

28 yrs. I've been playing rpg's since I was 10. I started with the basic red box of D&D, but really got into it around AD&D 2e.

Wow, and I thought that starting at age 12 was pretty young, especially since I went to a religious school in a religious/conservative community that thinks everything in the world that is fun is, also, inherently evil. :) Also, it was hard to find players, so I taught 'em from the ground up.

Started with Palladium's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (based on the original comic books, not the TV and toy series)... moved on to Palladium... MERPS... graduated to Star Wars d20... totally avoided DnD! I played a few sessions of AD&D but I never liked it or its non-weapon proficiencies. I am 24 years old and been a GM since the beginning.

I'm 58.

My first taste of D&D was about 1970 when a friend brought the three little books and we all created a PC for our first adventure.

Our GM hadn't read all the rules and randomly selected a gargoyl (sp?) for our introduction to combat.

As a cleric I smacked it with my mace (no effect), sprinkled it with holy water (no effect) and tried to turn it (what did I know?) NO EFFECT.

I ran away as our GM said, "Sorry about that. Ya'll didn't have anything that would have effected it."

"No $%#@ Sherlock!!!"

Sidney

Mythos said:
Halfway to my 42nd birthday. Started my gaming with the three book orginal D&D set also.
Ahhh, so you're 21, quite the youngster. I'm glad you had some nice relatives that saved you their original D&D set. :lol:

Me, I'm 34. I've been at it since the early 80s, but it took a few years to actually figure out this RPG-business.

TTFN,

Yokiboy

Looks like my age of 29 is about the average :D .

I first started playing in Grade 7. I was 12 or 13 I think. Started with Basic, the red box. Played all through the DND boxed sets. Anybody remember Immortal rules :lol: . My first character was a fighter. I find most people who start out in DND play fighter types. Moved onto 1st Edition, then second, then third, and now I'm moving over to 3.5. I too have played just about everything under the sun. Played all the campaigns, GM'd Greyhawk. My first adventure was Ravenloft, not the campaign setting, but the initial adventure that started it all, think I was 14. I used to really enjoy running Wherewolf the Apocolypse too. I used to run and play TSR's Conan for a while also.

I'm 27 and I started playing with "Pool of Radiance" from SSI on my C64 and shortly thereafter with AD&D 1st and 2nd edition (I didn't realize the diffrence then). So I'm playing since 1989 or 1990. :)

Feuerbart

Age 30 have been playing since I was 11 first with Basic D+D,then tunnels+trolls,CoC,Gurps,Dragonwarriors,MWWG(first time around as well as mongoose version)came back to wizards too give version3 a go but group fell in love with slaine and hope to start conan soon.

El Cid said:
Our GM hadn't read all the rules and randomly selected a gargoyl (sp?) for our introduction to combat.

As a cleric I smacked it with my mace (no effect), sprinkled it with holy water (no effect) and tried to turn it (what did I know?) NO EFFECT.

I ran away as our GM said, "Sorry about that. Ya'll didn't have anything that would have effected it."

Ah yes! That reminds me of the time I fought the dread Gazebo!

I'm 27 and I got started in gaming with Full Thrust (it's a space combat game goofy) in the early 90's. Moved onto Battletech in the mid 90's and found a group that preferred WFRP to AD&D around 97. If people want I'll post the list of games I've played and the games I have books for at some point.

I'm 39, and started as a Blue-Basic D&D kid when I was in the 7th grade (1978, give or take). Started reading Conan about 1980, I think.

38 here. Looks like I got a late start since I was already 15 and in the 10th grade before exposure to D&D. First read Conan in 1977. Blasted through all the Ace books, found Moorcock, Lieber and the rest soon after.

Back