How many Game Box sets have you got so far?

• 1 (20 bugs - 16 MI) - a few bugs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 (40bugs - 32 MI) - that a lot of bugs

• 3 (60 bugs - 48 MI) - that's a teapot full of bugs(?)

• 4 (80 bugs - 64 MI)A world of bug pain

• 5 (100 bugs - 80 MI) - Bugs sir! millons of em!

• Total voters

Low Roller 1-1

Mongoose
Hi all just for info,
I have just got my second box game to increase my Bugs and add a few crunchy snacks(MI) for when i play Antons nasty bugs.

So the question is:

and a reason to post after
1/ how many do you think you would buy
2/ What would you like in an MI or Bug "battalion type" box set to stop you buying starter box games

Two boxes for the bugs plus ten more bugs from ebay. So 50 bugs.
I sold the MI and rules out of the second box. I have 24 MI (including heroes and women) which can easily make a 2000 point army when my marauders are added.

Yep, 40 bugs seems to be the sweet spot to make a army with options. Add 6 hoppers, a tanker and brain bug stir in lots of army and tunnelling assets and you have a receipe for some MI arse kicking.

One box so far. I plan to buy another because I need the bug and that would give me an extra set of rules to lone out to any potential victims, err, I mean friends. :oops: Look forward to makeing piles of dead MI to decorate the battlefeild.

None yet (real world bills in the way) but hopefully soon. I did pick up 32 MI troopers off of ebay for 30 bucks :) only problem is I have no idea how to put them together or how many points of troops I have or even how to equip them they were just to cheap not to get them :)

Low Roller 1-1 said:
Hi all just for info,
I have just got my second box game to increase my Bugs and add a few crunchy snacks(MI) for when i play Antons nasty bugs.

So the question is:

Two box sets... Two box sets... Mommy make the bad man stop... :oops:

One starter set, one box o' bugs, one box o' extra MI, an Ape and the female MI set--

So...one reinforced Platoon and 26 bugs...

Oh! A box o' hoppers and a tanker that are as yet unassembled.

2 Basic boxed sets, plus a box each of bugs and MI. 46 Bugs and 24 MI, plus a few hoppers, an M8 and M9 suits. Most of the way to a decent force for both sides. 8)

but im coo coo

its also menat i have 3 rule books, one i have lent out to paul d and one i use for gaming and one i keep for demo's

its also menat i can do 2k of bugs and i had enough spare mi and bits to do my sprite conversions.

Mr Evil said:

but im coo coo
I agree :lol:

With my squad of prototype MI + 2 sets box set + women of the MI I have far too many MI at the moment (the MI from the second box are mostly still on the sprue, and I am just using the missile launchers etc.)

How’s about this for a MI “battalion box” thingy for about £40 (just an idea)

1 Ape
1 Chicken hawk
1 squad of troopers
1 Chas
2 metal snipers
2 extra special weapons sprues

Hi,

I've got 2 boxes, one box of hoppers, 2 M8 and 2 M9
Waiting for a big load to come in next week. Must have another one of hoppers.

Greetings

3 box set plus the bugs from a friemds and 24bugs from individual bug boxes= so a total of 104 Worrior bug :) about 20 painted :oops:

32 MI Cap troops
around 50 bugs done in various states of paint- 3 more boxes on the back burner
1 chickenhawk
1 ape finished, 2 more to go
6 hoppers
and counting...

The boxed sets are nice.
Battalion sets are really not needed, in that players can get a basic box, have a good start, and add what they want to thier basic squads of bug or MI.

I recommend a look into maybe metal or fully assembled types of MI troopers in the basic box on account of beginner players and new converts with issues with the way that the Troopers are built and distributed on the sprue.
Personally, I love them, I make it a point to pick up a box of something for SST at least once a weekend.
I model them for the therapy value. :mrgreen:

Just 2 at the mo...

1/ how many do you think you would buy

Another 3 easily but Tankers & Plasmas first!

2/ What would you like in an MI or Bug "battalion type" box set to stop you buying starter box games

I think the Starter box is pretty sweet as it is, maybe too much MI to bug ratio after the second box set but I need all the M.I I can get to try out different paint schemes & to practice my painting.

Kupo

It just makes sense when you do the math. even if you only run one army, you know you can sell what you don't want on Ebay for a tidy profit and who knows........Buy another box. Since I live in america I'm still waiting for my Tankers, but other wise I've 60 warriors 12 hoppers, 56 pwr armoured MI and 3 m8 suits 2 m9 suits. (I did buy one MI box from ebay, cheap) Come on mongoose get the goods to the yanks quicker.

So far I'm at two. Although I've painted the troops from two other ones for customers. Right now I have a pile of the MI lying around, 5 boxed MI sets plus another box of them from a customer that also contains some hopper bugs, an M8 and an M9. I'll probably get started on them this week.

Back