How Big Will Your Games Get . . . . . . . .

How Big Will Your Games Get

• 1,000 Points (or less) is big enough for me!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2,000 Points is about right.

• 3,000 Points for sure!

• 4,000 Points is as big as I want to go.

• 5,000 Points is for me!

• 6,000 Points or more (I'm crazy)!!!!!

• Total voters
sky really is the limit for me, eventually I want to be able to field 3000 point armies using any one of the special species as the basis instead of warriors... which means all together i should have a 10k force or so

I wana see someone play a 3000 point all-hopper army someday. It'd be awesome. Probably completely impractical. But awesome! Just 60 Hoppers as an entire army... Take Probe or Attack tactics, hold half back from tactics and half back as aircraft... Enemy goes from having full maneuver to being totally surrounded in one turn :D

Reborn said:
Where do you live? If it's near me it would be cool to arrange something...

Unfortunatley on the other side of the pond in Arizona....

Lieutenant Rasczak said:
Major Chaos said:
Since I have more than 6000 pts in MI painted already I wold definatley like to put on a game that large. After the next tanker and rippler's release I should have almost that many bugs as well.

OMG thats impressive!

Thanks! I hope to put up some pictures when I finally get them rebased!

I've got around 8000 points in BUGS and I've got plans for 2 Overseers, 200 or so cliff mites (DAMN YOU Mongoose for getting my hopes up with your initial 10 for $10.00, and YES you CAN fit 10 Mites in a Blister pack WITH EASE mind you :evil: *yes I'm a little touchy on this subject) as well as 60 Ripplers or more depending...

I'm shooting for a 25,000 points cause I'm a CRAZY Motha'! WOOT WOOT :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :D

kirkmex said:
(DAMN YOU Mongoose for getting my hopes up with your initial 10 for $10.00, and YES you CAN fit 10 Mites in a Blister pack WITH EASE mind you :evil: *yes I'm a little touchy on this subject)
Yeah, so am I, you could sooooo fit 10 of those suckers into that little blister... :x

WHY GOD WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had HIGH HOPES for those little Bastards. Now I'm forced to make crappy choices like...... "Hmm I could spend $50 and get 9 Ripplers ( 270 points ) or I could get 5 packs of Cliffmites ( 125 points ) :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: and one more for good measure :evil:

SO, MONGOOSE........ DO I smell a MEGA CLIFF MITE DEAL????? Signs and Portents perhaps???????????????

back in may we did a 5000 point game it was huge . two tables together . there were over 200 painted warriors! every thing was painted too !!

and why on earth did you not take/post pictures? 200 warriors thats a blast!

I cant wait to get up to 60

Gauntlet- said:
and why on earth did you not take/post pictures? 200 warriors thats a blast!

I cant wait to get up to 60

What about 160 warriors!

WOOT WOOT! :shock: :shock: :shock: :D :D :D :D :D :D
Kublacon2006_0383.jpg

Sky(or rather models...) is the limit for me.

I like playing BIG games(in Epic I have played two games with ~20k+ worth of models on board at the same time) so this will also apply to SST :D

Some 10k game would give MI about full CAP company(support assets not included). Sounds perfect :D

Now if I could figure out where to a) get money for that and b) suitably big board for that... :lol:

tneva82 said:
Sky(or rather models...) is the limit for me.

I like playing BIG games(in Epic I have played two games with ~20k+ worth of models on board at the same time) so this will also apply to SST :D

Some 10k game would give MI about full CAP company(support assets not included). Sounds perfect :D

Now if I could figure out where to a) get money for that and b) suitably big board for that... :lol:

Or the ROOM to store it all, I keep my boards in my Dads Garage!

the most I've eber played was 3k. I really would'nt like to play more that against a Bug player. Endless tide just get crazy after awhile.

I voted 6000 points. At the moment I am playing between 1500 - 3000 points. Eventually, as my model collection increases, I hope to be able to play bigger games which are up around the 5000 - 6000 point mark. I will certainly eventually have this many points in MI and Arachnids but at this stage my other forces will probably remain around 2000 - 3000 points in value.

Lieutenant Rasczak said:
Or the ROOM to store it all, I keep my boards in my Dads Garage!

Well I have 11'x4' board already. Sits nicely without problems. Could even get bigger one(these are nice boards in that it's 2 separate boards that you can connect easily) but then comes problem of room being too small :lol:

Now MODELS is of course harder to store. Especially bug ones :twisted:

But I'm used to it. I have afterall some 70k+ epic models, 3 big FB armies and even 40k army(somewhere...). Good big bookcase is handy :)

160 is alot,

i was in a group game once that nearly 300 it was insane those poor poor MI, oh and did I mention 6 tankers? it was insane.. and yes the MI had no more than half of our points I think...

I have played seven or eight 10000 pt games, but those are always when we group the models from many players.

My current force is sitting just above 6000pts of painted bugs and 4000pts of painted MI.

I figure that the game is just right at the 10000pt size and this should become the new tournement size.

With the onset of summer, my neighbours look on in wonder and amazement as 6 adults, spend hours in the back yard, playing with toy soldiers and plastic bugs. They shake their heads and mumble under their breath, until the keg is opened and they realize we are playing at a penny a point for the winning point dif (win by 100 points, earn a buck, win by 10000 points.....)

Now we have a few more people who are interested in the game.

I don't think my wife will let me buy anymore, but, I am now back working on my mordheim stuff.

best regards

Dalton

Back