>>HOUSTON, WE HAVE TIE-IN<<

Was curious who the other judge was. Was thinking it might be DeMarco (wrong hair and relative age for Hershey) but apparently it's meant to be Anderson...

The rookie judge is called Anderson. I don't know if its supposed to be “The Judge Anderson” and this is when they first met or if its just “A Trainee Anderson” who gets to survive a mission with Mr "I Am The Law".

As to the Helmet thing. That was Sylvester "I'm too handsome to hide my face" Stallone.

In the comics Dredd’s face was so hideous that hardened criminals who saw it were struck with fear and repulsion for a few seconds before Dredd killed them all.

Captain Jonah said:
The rookie judge is called Anderson. I don't know if its supposed to be “The Judge Anderson” and this is when they first met or if its just “A Trainee Anderson” who gets to survive a mission with Mr "I Am The Law".

The synopsis on the linked site says "During a routine day on the job, Dredd is assigned to train and evaluate Cassandra Anderson (Olivia Thirlby), a rookie with powerful psychic abilities thanks to a genetic mutation." That's definitely The Psi-Judge Anderson.

Its getting really good reviews in the UK press.
And Karl Urban is a real longterm fan, he said he would not do it if Dredd took his helmet off, he also hated the Stallone version for not reflecting the spirit off the comic.
So this all seems quite hopeful.

Also Alex Garland wants to do three movies so he can deal with the Cursed Earth and the Dark Judges. It seems the franchise is in the hands of 2000ad fans finally.

nDervish said:
The synopsis on the linked site says "During a routine day on the job, Dredd is assigned to train and evaluate Cassandra Anderson (Olivia Thirlby), a rookie with powerful psychic abilities thanks to a genetic mutation." That's definitely The Psi-Judge Anderson.

Part of the story is apparently Anderson's more forgiving and flexible view of the law compared to Dredd's.

Back