Honor Among Thieves

I am going to rephrase this: is Honor among thieves a code of honor? It seems a bit loose for a code of honor, that's why I was asking. And the do's and dont's seem what a player character does most of the time anyway regarding his companions. Probably not about killing, which is something most players enjoy :D, and specially the part about not taking assassination jobs.

Voltumna said:
It seems a bit loose for a code of honor, that's why I was asking. And the do's and dont's seem what a player character does most of the time anyway regarding his companions.
I had the same problem with the Mercenary Code of Honour from Aquilonia (I think...or was it Free Companies?). It just seemed a little too easy to follow to get the Code of Honour bonuses.

Trodax said:
Voltumna said:
It seems a bit loose for a code of honor, that's why I was asking. And the do's and dont's seem what a player character does most of the time anyway regarding his companions.
I had the same problem with the Mercenary Code of Honour from Aquilonia (I think...or was it Free Companies?). It just seemed a little too easy to follow to get the Code of Honour bonuses.

The same, I skipped it the Mercenary Code of Honour. It does not really burden the PC with heavy ethical restrictions.

I am pretty sure those are the same codes of honour that appeared in Signs and Portents #13 ("Three Sides of the Coin" by Charles Rice).

The text at the start of that article says they work the same as the basic codes of honour.

Well, use them as guidelines, restrict them a little bit more (using parts of other codes of honour).

I think the benefit of a code of honor comes from the affirmation (or believe) of knowing you are doing what is “right” the benefits comes from that conviction and the different codes show the different shades of grey in moral conduct

That is one of the strong points of the game,

Back