High praise

sleepydude

Mongoose
It wasn't more than a few weeks ago I was chatting with the two other GMs in my group about fudging results and eliminating currency as the driving factor. We're a pretty odd mix of gamers, myself being late 30's, with regulars in their late teens and everything between. I'd been advocating that GM's don't really need to roll dice, since we should be balancing things on the fly anyway, and not allow a bad roll to make things too hard or easy on the players to begin with. I don't think they really clicked that such a thing could be possible.

Along comes this game. Perfect for what I was talking about. I'll still be rolling dice of course, but purely for show. These guys know nothing of Paranoia, and so far, I've hyped it up as an ultra-serious campaign with harsh punishments for dying. Think I might just record it for our YouTube channel, I'm sure their reactions will be fantastic when I squish their first clone - if things go right, one player will surely ask the computer how much money they'll get for the first mission; to which the only response is "The acquisition of currency for personal gain as opposed to contributing to Alpha Complex is Communism!"

I'm sure he'll respond with an attempt to educate the computer on what communism actually is.....Friend Computer doesn't like to be corrected, and, of course, only a communist could know communism so well. Can't wait to bait them into this trap....

So I've got my PDF's, but that's not going to work out too well for video, was wondering (since the game's just released and backer shipments are still going on) if anyone had an ETA on a new pre-order shipment to Canada, or if anyone knows of retailers in Canada (or Amazon) who will be selling the starter set?

Gotta pickup a PDF/print copy of the Traveller Starter as well. Haven't played before, but only heard good things.

Ah Paranoia...I remember the 2nd Edition from late 1980's early 90's. Remember to release your inner sadist on the Pcs if they truly mess up and ....if anyone quotes the rules to you ask their security clearance. Why? The rules are Ultraviolet clearance, PCs are only Red clearance...GM."gee friend citizens how did you come by information above your security clearance?" other players ."Zap. zap, Zap, zap, zap"

Stay alert, trust no one, keep your laser handy. If you really want the players to crap themselves...have one find a copy of George Orwell's 1984. It's worth 30 treason points!!

Back