High Guard Update 2022 - Now on PDF and Pre-Order!

I don't have discord so can't join in but I do have a question.

The promo art for the new High Guard features ghostly ships - any chance of that being available to purchase?

Pg 50 says basic passengers, marines, troops or military people with no other function on the ship.

Pg 50 says basic passengers, marines, troops or military people with no other function on the ship.
Yes, but the Gazelle doesn’t carry troops or passengers, yet had half its staterooms replaced by barracks in the latest update file, meaning half the crew needs to use them for accommodation.

The promo art for the new High Guard features ghostly ships - any chance of that being available to purchase?
Hello! Don't worry, we will release the recording on YouTube next week :) As for your question, I will look into this and get back to you

Picture1.jpg
I presume this is the image you mean? sorry, did you mean you wanted to purchase the art background as a print?

Yes, I think it is an excellent piece of work. A print, electronic wallpaper something like that.

Has anyone ever given any thought to a coffee table artwork book?

The High Guard Update 2022 Interview with Writer Chris Griffen and Graphics and Layout Artist Mongoose Kat is now available on YouTube! https://youtu.be/ZFBj2oBSQbE
On Friday 2nd September, we hosted our first Discord Live Interview to discuss the Traveller High Guard Update 2022. A massive thank you to Chris and Katrina for participating, as well as everyone that tuned in and sent in questions! It was a fantastic evening and we look forward to doing more events like this in the future.
Make sure you are subscribed to our YouTube for future videos and follow us on our social media to keep up to date
😃
https://linktr.ee/mongoosepublishing

Too bad I’m the slowest poke in the world of slowpokes… thought of a (to me) good question today… a bit late? 😛

Basically, I was curious about how a ship is created. Stats, exterior appearance, deck plans… what comes first, who decides what, in what order…

with most of the High Guard ships being existing designs, I can imagine it affecting the work flow as well

Basically, I was curious about how a ship is created. Stats, exterior appearance, deck plans… what comes first, who decides what, in what order…

with most of the High Guard ships being existing designs, I can imagine it affecting the work flow as well
Depends on who is doing the creating. For the published Mongoose ships starts are usually first.

For pre existing designs stats can be converted and other stuff based on existing art.

Too bad I’m the slowest poke in the world of slowpokes… thought of a (to me) good question today… a bit late? 😛

Stat the ship. Count the squares needed (tonnage x 2). Scale the shape you want to fit the number of squares you need.

Looks like Andrew and Arkathan have pretty much covered this. But is this something people would be interested in us going through in detail? An article or even another podcast/video? Let us know!

Looks like Andrew and Arkathan have pretty much covered this. But is this something people would be interested in us going through in detail? An article or even another podcast/video? Let us know!
could be fun! The design process and flow between writer, artist, editor/boss… Who has the idea, what comes next, who gets final say, how does the way from idea to end product look?

For both ships, gear, adventures or whole books 😛

Making of/behind the scenes is always fun and interesting!

could be fun! The design process and flow between writer, artist, editor/boss… Who has the idea, what comes next, who gets final say, how does the way from idea to end product look?

For both ships, gear, adventures or whole books 😛

Making of/behind the scenes is always fun and interesting!
Sounds great! I will have a look into this! Might create a separate forum channel where people could suggest content and guests they would like to see. I have been doing more behind-the-scenes insights over on our Instagram but an opportunity to discuss this in depth sounds fantastic!

Back