High Guard Pre-order Question

I pre-ordered High Guard thru Amazon in the US, and just recieved a delay extension notice on shipment.

Should I keep approving these as they come in until the book ships?

Hello?

Does anyone know who I could ask to get this question answered, or a suggestion as to where I could re-preorder to get the book on release?

:?:

You could just try PMing or emailing Matt (he's on as msprange) directly?

Though personally, I don't see the point of putting money down to pre-order RPGs - most of the time you never get what you ordered before anyone else anyway, and they never come out on time anyway (and sometimes they don't come out at all, no names mentioned...).

I think people would be much better off just asking the FLGS to hold a copy for them when they are finally released - it's a lot less stressful that way. Or just buy it from amazon when it actually is out.

EDG said:
You could just try PMing or emailing Matt (he's on as msprange) directly?

Though personally, I don't see the point of putting money down to pre-order RPGs - most of the time you never get what you ordered before anyone else anyway, and they never come out on time anyway (and sometimes they don't come out at all, no names mentioned...).

I think people would be much better off just asking the FLGS to hold a copy for them when they are finally released - it's a lot less stressful that way. Or just buy it from amazon when it actually is out.
When it comes to your FLGS it really helps the store out to put money down when preordering. It keeps them from allocating resources on products that may or may not sell and gives them a gauge to mesure the level of interest with.

Paladin said:
When it comes to your FLGS it really helps the store out to put money down when preordering. It keeps them from allocating resources on products that may or may not sell and gives them a gauge to mesure the level of interest with.

True, but one could just as well wait til the book is actually known to be out, and then plonk the money down and ask them to order it in. I'm not sure why anyone would be in such a tearing rush to get an RPG book as soon as possible.

EDG said:
Paladin said:

True, but one could just as well wait til the book is actually known to be out, and then plonk the money down and ask them to order it in. I'm not sure why anyone would be in such a tearing rush to get an RPG book as soon as possible.
Some of us have stronger addictions and obsessive compulsive behaviors that others. :wink:

Paladin said:
Some of us have stronger addictions and obsessive compulsive behaviors that others. :wink:

*raises hand* guilty. One of the major reasons I became a freelancer was to offset the cost of my gaming addiction purchases.

Back