Hide Size Penalty

BrianK

Mongoose
Ok, this may be a silly question, but I can't seem to find this in the main book. It came up in play, and I could not find a quick answer so, I just doubled the penalties listed in the PHB.

In attempting to figure Hide Size Penalties, there seems to be some difference between the chart and the example.

Working from the example on pg 117, it states that a a Gargantuan Mek has a -24 Hide Size Penalty, and the only reference I can find similiar, is a -12 Hide Size Penatly, on page 92 of 2089. Which I think is identical to the PHB.

I was just curious to how the -24 Penalty was calculated in the example.

Thanks for your help.

I've been looking at what you're talking about, and i neeever picked that up. This is a very dire situation. My player's use visual scanning and hiding all the time... And i have just been using the listed values on page 92. If there are other hide penalty rules going on or some decisive typos - I would also like to have this figured out.

BrianK said:
In attempting to figure Hide Size Penalties, there seems to be some difference between the chart and the example.

Working from the example on pg 117, it states that a a Gargantuan Mek has a -24 Hide Size Penalty, and the only reference I can find similiar, is a -12 Hide Size Penatly, on page 92 of 2089. Which I think is identical to the PHB.

It looks like the penalty is doubled unless the target is actively hiding but i could not find any statement of this outside the example. I do know a lot changed on Spotting rules near the end of playtesting. I would guess the modifiers did not get changed. IMHO the DC in the example looks reasonable.

Back