Help with Vorlon Agent.

Eryx

Mongoose
One of my players has expressed an interest in taking the (I may be getting the name wrong here) Vorlon Agent PrC, which is quite fitting with the way he is playing the character.

However, I can't think of any reasonable way how he could go about being able to take the class.

The campaign is currently set min-2258 (season 1 of B5) on the Tantalus Station, an EA rented former Centauri agricultural/mining station on the edge of Centauri space. They have, through scenario's in Fiery Trial and my own writing, begun to realise that there is something a foot in the galaxy, and the Minbari character in question has begun communicating back home (after surviving an attack by a Shadowsouled scout ship) to learn more of the Shadows and the events of a thusand years ago.

So any ideas how to allow him to take the class? Thanx

The Minbari and Vorlon have always had a strong bond with one another.

Perhaps have a few months of down-time, during which he is recalled to Minbar where a Vorlon ambassador is waiting for him, and carries out the necessaryadjustments to the character to make him suitable to be a Vorlon Agent.

I'm not too sure what this entails, as I don't have the book with the PrC in it, but I'm sure this would be a suitable in-story idea to fit it in.

Vince.

Several things would have to happen, aside from needing more information.
1. The character will need a reason to go to the Vorlon home world, i.e. your character feels called to the Vorlon home world, your character was touched by a Vorlon after rescuing one, etc. Just going to the Vorlon border will get the character killed or maybe worse.
2. Is the character a Telepath (for a Carrier)? The rest of the types of Vorlon Servants are based on personality.
3. The character would have to leave the game for at least a few months, Lyta left B5 in Divided Loyalties Season 2 and returned in Passing Through Gethsemane Begining of Season 3 (7 episodes later). We know from a recount of events (Thirdspace) that it took her at least 1 month to find a Captain that would take Lyta to the Vorlon border and then to get there. The character may be able to shave some time off by taking a direct route - IF the character has an invitation, otherwise crashing the Vorlon party will get you killed, or transformed into an NPC at least :?

You as the GM will need to weave into your campain a reason for the character to go to become a Vorlon Servant, are they to be a weapon (there were a number of those see the memory that is shared with Byron in Secrets of the Soul Season 5, I paused the DVD and there were over 128 other adults being modified to serve the Vorlons), an inquisitor (can't see a reason for too many of them), etc.

The character will need a reason to go to the Vorlon home world, i.e. your character feels called to the Vorlon home world, your character was touched by a Vorlon after rescuing one, etc. Just going to the Vorlon border will get the character killed or maybe worse.

Perhaps the character could just do something related to order that would draw the Vorlon's attention. Sebastion commited several murders, Lyta scaned Kosh. This could become an adventure in itself.

Easy.

He disappears. Some time later, he reappears. He has no memory of the intervening period.

He does, however, have strange and compelling dreams...

vinush said:
Perhaps have a few months of down-time, during which he is recalled to Minbar where a Vorlon ambassador is waiting for him, and carries out the necessaryadjustments to the character to make him suitable to be a Vorlon Agent.

To make them a Telepath, the Vorlons would not need to ship them back to the Vorlon home world. To make them a Vorlon Servant, they would have to go to the Vorlon home world for at least a month for the Genetic Engineering to take place that is necessary.

In Secrets of the Soul there are at least 128 other Vorlon Servants in tanks like Lyta, so there is no telling how many of them walk among normals.

scottmage said:
In Secrets of the Soul there are at least 128 other Vorlon Servants in tanks like Lyta, so there is no telling how many of them walk among normals.

Assuming you got the count right, there are 128 other people/aliens in canisters like Lyta, they may not all be Vorlon agents. Could be something as simple as reinforcing the telepath gene in their makeup for future breeding.

Just playing Devil's advocate. You're right that we don't know how many they're are walking around.

LBH

scottmage said:
To make them a Vorlon Servant, they would have to go to the Vorlon home world for at least a month for the Genetic Engineering to take place that is necessary.

{Don't have access to the PrC}

Is it really necessary to go back to the Vorlon homeworld (why does it never get named?) to create a Vorlon Servant?

I understand that a number of humans had to be brought back to perfect the Telepath conversion techniques but that once they knew how to do it all the Telepaths that the Vorlons released on Earth were created in Antarctica without ever leaving Earth.

Is the 'downtime' part of the description of the PrC or is it colour that has been added for this thread?

We don't have the book, yet, and it may have a significant impact on the campaign, what with one absentee away training in Tuzanor, we might simply not play B5 for several weeks and restart after everyone is finished with their 'radiation accidents'.

Obviously I'd rather have hot lead dripped into my eye-sockets than not play for a month....

On further reflection...

Doesn't Sheridan have some levels of Vorlon Servant by this time?

He certainly displays some of the alterations when he arrests Lyta in Season 5.

Don't recall him ever visiting the Vorlon Homeworld...

crizh said:
On further reflection...

Doesn't Sheridan have some levels of Vorlon Servant by this time?

He certainly displays some of the alterations when he arrests Lyta in Season 5.

Don't recall him ever visiting the Vorlon Homeworld...

Nah, Sheriden is a special case. He had a Vorlon fragment living inside him for 3-4 months (and not wanting to be found by others at that...), plus he'd been dead (for non tax reasons...) and all that.

And he did spend a week or so at the First One's homeworld (the Shadows were mere squatters there...) so that should count for something ;)

lastbesthope said:
scottmage said:

Assuming you got the count right, there are 128 other people/aliens in canisters like Lyta, they may not all be Vorlon agents. Could be something as simple as reinforcing the telepath gene in their makeup for future breeding.

I'd not take that scene at face value though. Given that it was Lyta's "memory", why is it from a third person perspective? What it does get across is the notion that the Vorlons had been modifying many races for whatever reasons; Bryron got the impression it was about the Vorlons creating telepaths though...

lastbesthope said:
Just playing Devil's advocate. You're right that we don't know how many they're are walking around.

That, however I would agree with, and indeed have run with in the past. How many "vessels" were there? Did they go beyond the Rim with the Vorlons, or were they destroyed, or just let go?

How annoyed are they now? The same could be said of any human Shadow servitors...

Quote "Is it really necessary to go back to the Vorlon homeworld (why does it never get named?) to create a Vorlon Servant?"

Why don't we call it "Kosh". After all, they are all Kosh.

frobisher said:
I'd not take that scene at face value though. Given that it was Lyta's "memory", why is it from a third person perspective? What it does get across is the notion that the Vorlons had been modifying many races for whatever reasons; Bryron got the impression it was about the Vorlons creating telepaths though...

In universe reason for 3rp person point of view? Dunno

Real world reason, so the viewer knows they are seeing where Lyta was and not just some vision of something.

LBH

So far, he has made contact with Delenn about the attack by the Shadowsouled. She has contact with Kosh and could have mentioned this to him. Since Delenn has taken an interest in this and would be well aware of his interest in the Shadows and the Shadowsouled perhaps it is not too unlikely that Kosh may see him as a potential agent near Centauri space?

Back