Help with Vorlon Agent.

crizh said:
I don't want to come across as uncool but I have to wonder if that PrC was play-tested at all. It doesn't much look like anyone that has actually played a teep has had any input at all.

I agree :!:

Episode 1 Season 3:

Lyta: "Not at first. We help position for 3 days beaming a signal into their territory. No answer. Finally the pilot got nervous, wanted to come back. I gave him the last of my money in exchange for the life pod. He left me there with 5 days of air, food and water. The signal wasn't doing any good so I tried sending a telepathic call out in every direction. 5 days later I was lying on the floor, last of my air almost gone, when a ship came along side. I must have passed out at that point. The next thing I remember, I was on the Vorlon home world."

PLEASE NOTE: She was a P5 and was sending out a Telepathic call in every direction. If she was using Communication the range for her would be Line of Sight...200 Feet since she had Far Telepathy as a Feat. Since she would have to "See" the target that she was sending to since only a P7 and above can send beyond LOS. Now, unless the Vorlon ships where hiding on the opposite side of the Lifepod from where she was looking out (within 200 Feet)...AND she was able to get around the LOS....

There are some serious mistakes as far as how teeps are in the show and in the game!

Her sending range and rating could have been increased as a side effect of her contact with Kosh in the pilot. Also, the Vorlons may not have come as a result of her telepathic call but by detecting her pod on normal scanners, just waiting till they thought she was ready.

LBH

scottmage said:
Doesn't sound like Kosh is that invincible to me....

Vorlons have High Tech, and are long lived, but not invincible....

Absolutely not - however, Kosh was referring (probably) to telepathic strain there (and possibly not entirely voluntary...).

However, we have seen that the younger races are pretty ineffective when they actually try and take a Vorlon out - all they did was weaken Ulkesh enough for Kosh to finish him off in an act of mutual anhilation. They are effectively invincible in normal circumstances.

Shadows, clearly not :)

lastbesthope said:
Her sending range and rating could have been increased as a side effect of her contact with Kosh in the pilot. Also, the Vorlons may not have come as a result of her telepathic call but by detecting her pod on normal scanners, just waiting till they thought she was ready.

[SPOILER ALERT FOR PSI CORPS TRILOGY!!!]

More importantly, Lyta's bloodline had been genetically prepped by the Vorlons for some future purpose. Lyta is not, and never was a "normal" teep; Her send range, especially when it involves communication with Vorlons (and the fact that she may well have played host, before being modified, to a portion of Kosh).

frobisher said:
More importantly, Lyta's bloodline had been genetically prepped by the Vorlons for some future purpose. Lyta is not, and never was a "normal" teep; Her send range, especially when it involves communication with Vorlons (and the fact that she may well have played host, before being modified, to a portion of Kosh).

Go back and re-read the book. Her Great Grandmother was given a promise that her bloodline would be "Completed" (meaning Lyta). She was promised that when the Shadows returned, that is when the "Completion" would occur. She was told that if it occurred in her lifetime, it would be she that would see "Completion".

If you want, I can look it up and give you the reference and page number. :wink:

scottmage said:
Go back and re-read the book. Her Great Grandmother was given a promise that her bloodline would be "Completed" (meaning Lyta). She was promised that when the Shadows returned, that is when the "Completion" would occur. She was told that if it occurred in her lifetime, it would be she that would see "Completion".

If you want, I can look it up and give you the reference and page number. :wink:

That's exactly what I said :p Her bloodline was prepped, pure and simple. Remember, Vorlons aren't straight talkers - they'll call a spade an orange.

Back