Have Rules, No Stats...

Comparing the three tanks it looks like the Challenger will be toughest to destroy with its kill of 13, but will lack the anti inf punch and anti AA capabilities of its adversaries.

The Type 99 will have the problem of getting his gun into range and also looks quite fragile but you almost get four for the price of three of the others pointswise.

So I guess human/tankwave tactics might work for the PLA as advertised.

My vote is for the APC/IFVs as well.

Well the PLA aren't a human wave army as described, it's their strength isn't pure numbers, it's slightly more numbers armed with cost effective, if simple weaponry.

So the PLA basic infantry squad has 10 men, that's only 1 more than the US Rifle squad and 2 more than the british squad. Their strength comes from having 3 special weapons in the squad. 2 Rocket launchers and 1 MG.

In the words of my favorite British Officer:

Captain Edmund Blackadder said:
"Follow me men! I'm right behind you!"
And here are the pictures:

USMCShadowFinal.jpg

PLAWZ-551Final.jpg

MEAToyotaFinal.jpg

MEAFedayeenFinal.jpg

EFTFBritCommandFinal.jpg

Because they've gone with a 'stock' color sceme. The one in the photo is obviously painted for a specific purpose while the one we get in model form is merely generic.

hilux - glad to see limitations were made to prevent firing and transport at the same time, though it may need some clarrification on the text. If the MG can't fire with units in transport how can 4 fire if the truck takes a shoot action? Is this meant to allow people up front rather than in the bed, if so it's a bit muddled.

Fedayeen:
These guys seriously up the ante on the MEA. I'm REALLY surprised they got anti-tank and headhunters in the same squad rather than breaking them into two.
-What good does a Kill of 7+ do the Fedayeen if they have no armor? A 4+ kills them anyway doesn't it?
-Explosives - Can these also be used for jihadist self-destruction? Do they stack if your Hilux is loaded with guys all set to blow up at the same time? (kind of a waste, but just checking)
-Hiro: minor format issue, but the bold is missing from "SVU"

Will the Warrior stats be rolled out soon?

Woops...forgot to upload it...

*hmms* you know, maybe I should make you guys wait since no one talked about the British Command card...

Hiromoon said:
Woops...forgot to upload it...

*hmms* you know, maybe I should make you guys wait since no one talked about the British Command card...
Nah, you just didn't look in the right thread. ;)
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=24423&start=45&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

either i don't get something important, or... why does a toyota cost only 30pts less than a warrior, while shadow costs almost half less that said toyo? :shock:

Toyota pickups are indestrucable, they blew it up, hit it with a wreaking ball and basically tried to destroy it in many numerous ways. and it carried on each and every time, with abit of WD40 that is.

I saw the bit where they put it on top of the high-rise flat which was promptly demolished and it still ran. It's like the Black box in Braniac!

About unarmored infantry with kill values, I think there may be something in the full rules that might give a unit an armor save if in certain types of cover.

In the original SST rules there was obscurement (+1 to armor saves), hard cover (+2 armor), and fortification (+3 armor). There was no change to target and kill scores. In BFE, cover gives you +2 to target and kill scores, but no armor benefits, but I suspect that there may be some in the full rules in the future. I know I'd love to have a cover save of even 6+ for my PLA since they die really easily. But man, it'll be hard to dislodge USMC or EFTF troops from cover if so.

And yeah, that Fedayeen squad is nasty, especially if you screen them with some cheap an plentiful MEA basic infantry.

The Hillux transport trucks are pretty costly because they're faster, have a weapon that can fire multiple turns and on reactions, can carry more, and their troops can fire out the back. Whereas the Shadow is slower, but better armored, and has an AT missile. The shadow also can't load up a full USMC squad (6 passengers), they have to have at least two to transport a full squad. Whereas the MEA technical can transport up to 8 passengers, that's a normal MEA squad. Then if you want to give the technical some AT ability, just load a squad with some RPGs on it and zip around the battlefield firing RPGs at the tank's sides and rear.

You'll usually see a USMC player fielding at least two shadows rather than just one, unless they're using it to ferry around a small special forces squad.

Paladin said:
Fedayeen:
These guys seriously up the ante on the MEA. I'm REALLY surprised they got anti-tank and headhunters in the same squad rather than breaking them into two.
-What good does a Kill of 7+ do the Fedayeen if they have no armor? A 4+ kills them anyway doesn't it?

Good Point,

Cover saves raise both...

Perhaps there is some Mod that raises the Target but not the kill is all I can see it for.

Or just a mistake as all models had a Kill #

Good catch.

Lee

Back