Should the Brakiri Graviton beam be ap on all their ships

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

leonpaul

Mongoose
Hi guys just putting out an idea to make that fearsome graviton beam actually fearsome,please let me know what you think :D

I'd suggest getting rid of the Slow Loading. That would make them much more useful, even without the AP since that's a lot of uninterceptable dice coming at you every turn now.

Without any AP *and* with Slow Load, I just can't get behind the standard Avioki, and certainly not the Tashkat. Their weapons just plain miss...unless all you want to kill are enemy Skirmishers.
Neither seems worth their Pri Level, except in terms of Survivability.

During ACTA, I was ALL about a big Brakiri fleet. Then SFOS came out and, well, I'm not ordering that lot for sure. Sure, I could make something nifty with the Kaliva variants, Haliks, etc. But it stick in my craw when there's no reason to take a primary over a Variant. It bugs me enough with the Prefect vs Centurion deal, but no way I'll build a Brakiri fleet without an Avioki...

i find the slow loading trait really brings the Avioki and particulaly the Tashkat down, the Tashkat just cant do enough damage at War level, but it does generally survive

Hi Pauly D its me the guy you fought in your last battle at the wheel of fire tourney,the brother of emperor penguin.As you know i allways take a Kaliva over an Avioki any day.As you said the Brakiri can take a pounding but i feel that as their main weapon(Graviton beam) its nowhere near as good as the other races

well the Kaliva is quite good and has a devastating range (which i think the Avioki needs if its going to stay slow-loading), but i would take a combined league fleet instead of only 1 race, it needs backup if the opponent has interceptors

Pauly_D said:
but i would take a combined league fleet instead of only 1 race, it needs backup if the opponent has interceptors

Quite true, even with Kalivas. I *had* been hoping to do an all-Brakiri fleet cause I like their background. But of all the Leaguers, I think only Abbai (ironically) can make a great stand-alone fleet.

-D

Back