witch would you rather have

• girlfriend

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • sst

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Meet my girls:

There is old, brainy one. She is not not much to look at, but has a sense of humour ('Hosing Hive Hares' :D )

There is the middle sister, better to look at, easy and fun, but not much between the ears.

Then there is the debutante. Great to look at, high maintainance, but has suprising depth and complexity once you get to know her.

Consider this; playing SST will never end in std's or pregnancy. SSt never complains when I look at other wargames. In fact, it never complains about anything at all. My Plasma bug has never once asked me, "Does this tunnel entrance make me look fat." It costs considerably less money than a girlfriend, and regardless of how long I play SST, if I one day decide to stop playing I won't have to give it half my stuff. Plus, like Old Soldier said, "There is only ONE sst miniatures game. You can always find a new girlfriend." Besides, if she really loved you half as much as she says she does, she wouldn't make you chose! :lol:

Quark said:
Consider this; playing SST will never end in std's or pregnancy. SSt never complains when I look at other wargames. In fact, it never complains about anything at all. My Plasma bug has never once asked me, "Does this tunnel entrance make me look fat." It costs considerably less money than a girlfriend, and regardless of how long I play SST, if I one day decide to stop playing I won't have to give it half my stuff. Plus, like Old Soldier said, "There is only ONE sst miniatures game. You can always find a new girlfriend." Besides, if she really loved you half as much as she says she does, she wouldn't make you chose! :lol:

Your a fool and here is the answers to you problems,

1 PRE-NUP BITCH if she won't sign that she ain't worth it.

2 You can't have PNP with miniatures.

DeathGuard said:
i would never let a girl get between me and my hobbies or video games. Thats why i got a girlfriend who plays them MUAHAHA!
Ditto. It's just so much easier when you and your girlfriend enjoy the same things. Heck, for our two year dating anniversary, I gave her a Protectorate of Menoth army and she gave me a Devourers of Vil Tis army.

Mine plays paintball with us and that's where I draw the line. she aint getting near wargaming. However, she has got a masters degree in art and is currently PAINTING MY FIGURES for me!!!!!
She's also just completed a large batch of worldworks scenery for GOMC-1
Might as well put all that book learnin' to good use.

On a realted note, I'm currently trying to work out a way of introducing 'making loads of really cool scenery' into the timetable at school. I coordinate art and C.D.T, so I should be able to wrangle it :)

Cristo Meyers said:
The Old Soldier said:
There is only ONE sst miniature game, you can always find a new girlfriend.

Actually there's three. Avalon Hill made two of them.

were those really miniature games though? technically they were board games with cardboard counters, and sure people used to play warhammer with cardboard counters, but the difference between WH40k or SST and the avalon hill games is a stretch...

ahh the age old question of girlfriend or other stuff well its hardly a question i perfer the company of people to painted miniatures but if i can have both thats even better :D

Since I already have a GF decided to vote SST. After all I couldn't afford my hobby and one more girl ^_-

I have a strange feeling that a majority of the people that voted GF dont have or maybe even never had a GF and long for one.

Good point Deathgaurd! :lol:

Come to think of it, I can't think of a single male gamer I've ever met online who DIDN'T have a rich, Ferrari driving, game playing, supermodel girlfriend! I'm starting to question whether or not this whole Iternet thing is on the up and up. :lol:

Ah, but the whole secret weapon to the Girlfriend / Wife thing is kids..... :twisted:

When they are young start sewing the seeds of her destruction using the kids. If Mom hates it, the kids will love it. I have 3 Built In Gamers which trumps the "You want to spend what on what?!?". Always countered with "It's for <enter childs name>". Soon all the talk will be of miniatures and gaming and she will have to go somewhere else for her peace and quite. Muhahahahahahah *cough*, *cough*, *hack*.....

CCotD'

Ok...I'll wade in. I voted "SST."

Having ended my marriage circa 6 mos. ago, I can only mention what being solo has gotten me so far:

1. A new house done the way I wanted.
2. All brand new furniture that I chose according to MY taste.
3. A big a$$ed plasma TV, home theater and a kick-a$$ stereo system.
4. A brand new Alienware ALX fully loaded.
5. A healthy and happy parrot.
6. A dedicated hobby room, not a table in the basement.
7. The freedom to work on my hobbies when and as long as I want to without hearing "I'm bored."
8. The freedom to watch DVD's all weekend if I want without hearing "I'm bored."
9. The option to stay in and cook as opposed to having to constantly dine out at the newest trendy spot "someone at work was talking about."
10. Freedom period.
11. Peace and quiet.
12. No more worried calls from friends saying "Dude, you've gotta get out of that situation, it's killing you!"
13. Comments from the same friends like "Dude, you're looking better than you have in long time!"
14. The ability to go out with friends without being accused of having an affair upon my return home.
15. No more pi$$ing money away on useless trips to marital counselling.
16. HAPPINESS!

You know you're in a no-win situation when the marriage counsellor tells you in private "You need to get your exit strategy in order if you haven't done so already. You need to get out of this and move on."

Yeah...I'll take SST. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards.

ScipioAmericanus said:

This is definately more than any man can hope for. I would much rather have my dog than a girl, you can go up to a girl and say; (replace dog with girl)
"Whose a good dog? Whose a good dog?"
Without being slaped. And they don't jump on legs when you walk in the door. And dogs are the best at keeping scerets.

Y3 said:
ScipioAmericanus said:

This is definately more than any man can hope for. I would much rather have my dog than a girl, you can go up to a girl and say; (replace dog with girl)
"Whose a good dog? Whose a good dog?"
Without being slaped. And they don't jump on legs when you walk in the door. And dogs are the best at keeping scerets.

Well...I used to be a dog person. Now I'm a parrot person. And, like you, I would much rather deal with my parrot than a woman: my parrot is far more loyal and has something that no woman can offer: UNCONDITIONAL love.

She's always genuinely glad to see me when I come home: my return is not an interruption, it's the high-point of her day.

She is a "mood-mirror:" if I feel like sh*t, she can sense it and shuts down when I do. I had the flu last month, and she was totally content to be quiet and sleep while I was. Contrast that with the time I had to go to a dinner party with a 103 deg fever because "everybody else will be there!"

She loves hanging out with me while I paint minis. She gives my work that parrot cock of the head and appraising stare...and loves to try to get to the bugs.

The conversations I have with her are far more substantive than I ever had with the ex. :lol:

Birds, dogs, cats...well, probably not cats...but most pets seem to have that quality that the female of the human species seems to lack: unconditional love.

Regards.

ScipioAmericanus said:
Ok...I'll wade in. I voted "SST."

Having ended my marriage circa 6 mos. ago, I can only mention what being solo has gotten me so far:

1. A new house done the way I wanted.
2. All brand new furniture that I chose according to MY taste.
3. A big a$$ed plasma TV, home theater and a kick-a$$ stereo system.
4. A brand new Alienware ALX fully loaded.
6. A dedicated hobby room, not a table in the basement.
7. The freedom to work on my hobbies when and as long as I want to without hearing "I'm bored."
8. The freedom to watch DVD's all weekend if I want without hearing "I'm bored."
9. The option to stay in and cook as opposed to having to constantly dine out at the newest trendy spot "someone at work was talking about."
10. Freedom period.
11. Peace and quiet.
12. No more worried calls from friends saying "Dude, you've gotta get out of that situation, it's killing you!"
13. Comments from the same friends like "Dude, you're looking better than you have in long time!"
14. The ability to go out with friends without being accused of having an affair upon my return home.
15. No more pi$$ing money away on useless trips to marital counselling.
16. HAPPINESS!

You know you're in a no-win situation when the marriage counsellor tells you in private "You need to get your exit strategy in order if you haven't done so already. You need to get out of this and move on."

Yeah...I'll take SST. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards.
My SST Brother, you speak the truth. Amen!!!!

8 years to go and counting. (When the youngest graduates HS) :)

CCotD'

Yeah, I see your point. But seriously, the reason I did choose SST was because I simply could give a crud less about having a girlfriend at 14 years old. I've seen other freshman date and it's just not worth it.

SST for now, but I will want a girlfriend later on.

Back