Gazulin Subsector - Trojan Reach

Peleliu

Mongoose
I am filling out details of the Gazulin Subsector for my own Trojan Reach campaign, but keep coming up against inconsistencies that are driving me up the wall. Yes I know, inconsistencies and Traveller go together like bread and butter.

I am having trouble squaring details of the UWP listed both in the Trojan Reach book (PoD set) with the text in the book. The UWP in the book mostly matches TravellerMap, but the text descriptions in the book leave me wondering if tables and text were farmed out to different people who were never checked by an editor. This is my first introduction to Trojan Reach so I don't know how old or new or how many versions of this material are out there.

My current issue is with Susanawo. UWP is clear that it is a water world and the rest of the UWP makes it seem fairly mundane, but the text description makes it more like a hellworld prison planet. Yes, I know, I can change the UWP or text to match MTU and needs, but I like working within a canon framework and then adjusting that. I'll probably use the hellworld text ideas for another planet and just tape a new plain jane waterworld entry for Susanawo into my book.

But enough of my frustrations. Are there other examples of inconsistencies in the PoD Trojan Reach book like that? How do you handle them?
 

AndrewW

Cosmic Mongoose
Peleliu said:
I am having trouble squaring details of the UWP listed both in the Trojan Reach book (PoD set) with the text in the book. The UWP in the book mostly matches TravellerMap, but the text descriptions in the book leave me wondering if tables and text were farmed out to different people who were never checked by an editor. This is my first introduction to Trojan Reach so I don't know how old or new or how many versions of this material are out there.

Usually the data in the sector books is cross checked against travellermap and any differences are worked through, a change may be made on either side though can't guarantee if this was done for the Trojan Reach or not.
 

MasterGwydion

Banded Mongoose
Peleliu said:
I am filling out details of the Gazulin Subsector for my own Trojan Reach campaign, but keep coming up against inconsistencies that are driving me up the wall. Yes I know, inconsistencies and Traveller go together like bread and butter.

I am having trouble squaring details of the UWP listed both in the Trojan Reach book (PoD set) with the text in the book. The UWP in the book mostly matches TravellerMap, but the text descriptions in the book leave me wondering if tables and text were farmed out to different people who were never checked by an editor. This is my first introduction to Trojan Reach so I don't know how old or new or how many versions of this material are out there.

My current issue is with Susanawo. UWP is clear that it is a water world and the rest of the UWP makes it seem fairly mundane, but the text description makes it more like a hellworld prison planet. Yes, I know, I can change the UWP or text to match MTU and needs, but I like working within a canon framework and then adjusting that. I'll probably use the hellworld text ideas for another planet and just tape a new plain jane waterworld entry for Susanawo into my book.

But enough of my frustrations. Are there other examples of inconsistencies in the PoD Trojan Reach book like that? How do you handle them?

Cordan in the Borderlands. Population Size 3, but the write up for Cordan says that this is only the Baronial Households and does not include the commoners, so Cordan is not a Pop 3 world.
Tech World is a Pop 1 system, but has over 1 million robots, so should have a Pop of 6

Not having an accurate UWP for each planet really throws off almost every calculation based on the UWP, such as WTN, Income per Capita, Population Density, etc.

It has always been one of My pet peeves.

Currently reading a UWP on the travellermap is like looking at the statistical information for just New York City and counting it for the whole of the USA, or the information for China and using it for the whole planet. Systems need a USP that gives an accurate representation of the worlds within it. A system may easily have 100 billion people living in it, but the travellermap UWP will still list only the stats of the Mainworld. As the travellermap is primarily made up of in-universe, publically available information that is predominantly used by traders, it would seem more useful if the UWP on the travellermap was actually a USP as the system totals are what would be useful to anyone actually trading in Charted Space. If a system has an asteroid belt in it that is not the main world, but is mined, why are Trade Goods from Asteroid Worlds not available?

These are just some of My ramblings. lol
 

MonkeyX

Banded Mongoose
This is why I loved the system based PDFs. Lots of info on the other planets in the system with these “inconsistencies” part of the narrative. I’m using Inurin’s PDF at the moment and the info in it has given a few sessions worth of gameplay.
 

MasterGwydion

Banded Mongoose
MonkeyX said:
This is why I loved the system based PDFs. Lots of info on the other planets in the system with these “inconsistencies” part of the narrative. I’m using Inurin’s PDF at the moment and the info in it has given a few sessions worth of gameplay.

I love those PDFs too. The Borderlands books were awesome!
 

Peleliu

Mongoose
What system based PDFs are these and where can I find them? My collection has too many holes to count.
 

MasterGwydion

Banded Mongoose
Peleliu said:
What system based PDFs are these and where can I find them? My collection has too many holes to count.

I got Mine on drivethrurpg. I think they have like a third of the systems in the Borderlands subsector of the Trojan Reach.
 

Peleliu

Mongoose
MasterGwydion said:
Peleliu said:
What system based PDFs are these and where can I find them? My collection has too many holes to count.

I got Mine on drivethrurpg. I think they have like a third of the systems in the Borderlands subsector of the Trojan Reach.

Thank you. I found them all in the EBook only section in the Mongoose Store.
 
Top