G/Carrier, light

Jak Nazryth said:
Great design by the way! :)
Small, adgile, nasty bite...
Instead of "fat ferret" class light G-Carrier, what about Honey Badger class light G-carrier... or simply Badger Class light G-Carrier?
Or even Piranha Class?

Or perhaps Mongoose-class…? 8)

Annatar Giftbringer said:
It all started as a fun project to fill the vehicle bay of the Type T Patrol Corvette, and that limits it to 8 dt (my guess is the Corvette was designed early in the process, Before the vehicle rules were quite finished, and back then the G/Carrier was smaller)
Just about every edition of Traveller has changed the ship design rules. In some, for example, maneuver drives are compact and jump drives bulky; in others, it's the opposite. Power plants vary too. Maybe under the design rules where the Patrol Corvette were first published, more space was left -- or maybe none at all.

Honey Badger is a good name, but alas already taken. The example vehicle in Vehicle Handbook. Mongoose is a very good name, and I kinda thought about that or Rikki-Tiki-Tavi, but, I didn't quite feel Mongoose was, how to say, available, around here... :)

I also need to add when/if I write a description that the interior is VERY cramped in this carrier, with only one space dedicated per passenger. More like seats in a car. For comfort or longer durations, half the seats should probably be tossed out :)

Also if you look at acceleration couches in High Guard, it states they can fold into the walls or down into the floor to make room for cargo if you need it. And they fit 4 people per ton (or 2 people per space) I think the same can be done with the vehicle rules. :)

Spacecraft: 1 dT ≈ 14 m³.
Vehicles: 1 Space ≈ 250 kg payload. Structural elements, drives etc. just implied, not directly modelled.

Apples and oranges.

Back