Future supplements

J-Star

Mongoose
What supplements to the Conan RPG do you think we'll see in the future? We've got the Book of Skelos covering magic in detail, but after that, what else do you think we'll see? I'd like to see some cultural supplements.... maybe one covering the Hyborian kingdoms (Aquilonia, Nemedia, etc), one covering the northern barbarians (Aesir, Vanir, and all-important Cimmerians), one for Stygia and the worship of Set, books like that. Other than that I can't think of anything. What do the rest of you think we'll see or want to see after the Book of Skelos?

While it was only a small part of his overall life, Conan did live as a sailor/pirate at a couple of different times in his life. A supplement on ocean/sea trade and the different forms of ships that plyed the waters would be interesting.

Another supplement that I would purchase would be one that deals with the last of the Lancer/Ace reprints by de Camp. In the final story that de Camp wrote, Conan travels across the Western Sea to a new land and the islands along its coast. A book detailing this Hyborian version of the South Amercian/Mexcian/North Amercian land mass would be a must buy for me.

Well, if nothing else, the other classes should be expanded upon. I like the idea of detailing the Hyborian Age cultures.

Hi guys,

At the current time, we have scheduled;

The Scrolls of Skelos
Hyborian Gazetteer
The Pirate Isles
Zamora

And a campaign book that has yet to be given a fixed title. . .

PICTS,PICTS,PICTS,I WANT PICTS,IWANT A CAMPAIGN IN THE WESTERMARCK. PLEASE!

Sorry about the above post but I got a bit excited about PICTS! Oops almost went off again.
Seriously though a Westermarck campaign against a Pictish uprising would be superb,Picts,Ligurean Druids,Jhebbal Sag,Forest Devils,the opportunities are boundless.
I have already run a campaign using another system and background provided by a different company to reenact the events of the Westermarck tales through other eyes and it worked wonderfully well.
Show me the Picts and let Crom count the dead!

msprange said:
Hi guys,

At the current time, we have scheduled;

The Scrolls of Skelos
Hyborian Gazetteer
The Pirate Isles
Zamora

And a campaign book that has yet to be given a fixed title. . .

Incredible! Hope the Zamora book is a city guide ala Thieves' World.

I second the enthusiasm for a Pictish/Westermark campaign book. Would also love to see a guide to the greatest kingdom of the Hyborian Age - Aquilonia.

Just a quick question: Are the Book of Skelos and the Scrolls of Skelos two seperate products? I would love that. You can never get too much Hyborian style magic. Nasty nasty nasty stuff : )

The product line up seems really solid. I'll be buying them all. Of that I'm sure.

One suggestion though, perhaps some form of Hyborian monster book might be a good idea down the line. Although, I'll be the first to admit that it's not by any means a crucial addition to the game line. What with all the other critter books floating around... But I just thought that a book in the same vein with a distinctly Hyborian feel might be fun to have.

Thanks.

I belive that Tyrant has hit apon a rather good concept. While the number of monsters in the original stories were a little sparse, a co9llection of creatures from the numerous pastiches may be a welcome addition.

If you can secure the rights to use the material from so many different writers, then I belive that this is something to consider.

I would love to see

1) very good maps for Hyboria (I hope that is what the Hyborian Gazetteer will be.

2) high quality figures (could you make a deal with reaper?

Is anyone at mongoose at liberty to give out any info about the unnamed campaign.Where is it set,when is it set? Will it have any guest appearances and when can we expect the first installment to hit the shelves?
I think I have the two old CONAN TSR modules in the attic,would Mongoose be able to do a conversion job on the stats for them.(The first one at least was of reasonably good quality)?
Also,if this is not possible is there anywhere that gives how to convert 1st edit AD&D to current D20?
I have only come back to this system after a decade with Chaosiums systems

Flashman said:
I think I have the two old CONAN TSR modules in the attic,would Mongoose be able to do a conversion job on the stats for them

FYI, there's 2 AD&D modules, 3 Conan system modules, and several GURPS single player modules out there...

bolen said:
I would love to see

1) very good maps for Hyboria (I hope that is what the Hyborian Gazetteer will be.

2) high quality figures (could you make a deal with reaper?

I'm not a big miniature figure guy, but I second the motion for some good quality maps of Hyboria. Perhaps a set of maps that might detail individual nations as well as overall maps that show geographical and/or political boundaries (maybe on one map, maybe on two).

While I don't know if Mongoose could get the rights, I'd -kill- for a Solomon Kane supplement. Howard's 16th century tales of swashbuckling, the supernatural, and darkest Africa are some of the coolest in his canon. Just use the Conan rulebook for the rules and the sourcebook could be all crunchy setting and antagonists (vampires, demons, ghosts, pirates). It'd be awesome. :D

-Def.

I have seen references to this island on past maps of the Hyborian world. Does anyone know if Mongoose will be including it in the Gazeteer? And just out of curiousity, what's the best Hyborian map you've come accross? In my opinion, the best map I've seen would have to be the guide to the Conan universe from Marvel comics published in the 80's. Full color map of the entire Hyborian world, including said island of the twelve eyed thing. I think I was able to download it of Kazaa, come to think of it...

Since the rights to Kull are owned by a different company I highly doubt that we will ever see an offical supplement for that character.
Now an unoffical supplement done by fans who are currently awaiting te release of the Conan game... That is a different matter. :roll:

Mythos said:
Since the rights to Kull are owned by a different company I highly doubt that we will ever see an offical supplement for that character.
Now an unoffical supplement done by fans who are currently awaiting te release of the Conan game... That is a different matter. :roll:
And do you know where we could find such unofficial fan supplement ? :D

Another seriously cool series was the Prisoner of the Horned Helmet books. Goth of Baal is a fantastic character and much darker than Conan. The books were written by Frank Frazetta and a co-auther (named White, IIRC) and take place in the same world, although I think after Conan...not sure. The novels are nearly impossible to track down last I looked (unless you're willing to pay a handsome sum) but they're totally worth it.

Back