Full Auto Ammo Consumption

Garrion_sw

Mongoose
I would like to get a final official clarification on how much ammo is consumed during a full-auto attack in MGT2. I have brought this up in other forums and other users tend to agree with my assessment. There is another person who reads the rules differently and we have discussed this in length. His attempt to get a straight answer resulted in a response that simple quoted the rules in a different way but made no clarification by using diffinative adjectives. Normally I would just carry on, but this affects the way a piece of software is coded.

If you are using an ACR with Auto 3, you will make three separate attack rolls against your target(s). Will this consume 9 rounds for each shot (for a total of 27) or 9 rounds total?

The response that was given for the previous inquiry was, "In this example, you would get three separate attacks, and expend 9 rounds of ammo." This response infers to me, as the rules state, that it is 9 rounds [total]. The other individual is inferring it means 9 rounds [per attack roll/each]. Please help clear this up with a more difinative response.

Thanks for your help.

In theory, a gunsmith could adjust rate of fire for a specific firearm that's amenable to it, or a production run of a specific model.

Garrion_sw said:
If you are using an ACR with Auto 3, you will make three separate attack rolls against your target(s). Will this consume 9 rounds for each shot (for a total of 27) or 9 rounds total?

It looks fairly clear to me, but I have no official answer:
Full Auto: Make a number of attacks equal to the Auto score. These attacks can be made against separate targets so long as they are all within six metres of one another. Full auto uses a number of rounds equal to three times the Auto score.
Note "full auto uses", not "each attack roll uses".

So, full auto fire with an ACR (Auto 3) would use 9 rounds for the entire Significant Action.

AnotherDilbert said:
Note "full auto uses", not "each attack roll uses".

So, full auto fire with an ACR (Auto 3) would use 9 rounds for the entire Significant Action.

That is my assumption and how I read it too, and most others I talk to. I just need a clearly defined "total" or "each attack" proclamation from the powers that be so that I can convince the others involved.

Back