Frankenstein in my Steampunk

8bitjunkie

Mongoose
Would OGL Horror give me (and PCs) the tools to create Frankenstein like constructs in my OGL Steampunk campaign? 8)

If not, any suggestions would be appreciated...

Don't know about OGL Horror, but my first thought would be to look at the D&D Monster Manual. Isn't there a golem template? Specifically flesh golem? Something like that would be where I would start.

Yup, i didnt have a problem coming up with a flesh-golem stats...just wanted to know if there were rules in OGL Horror for PCs to make them. :D

I havent finished reading the amazing machine rules in OGL Steampunk, maybe there is some info in there on creating constructs (just substitute flesh for steel)... :?

No, no rules for the PCs bringing unholy life to dead flesh in Horror. They're supposed to frown on that sort of thing.

I'd just use the Amazing Machine rules from Steampunk; flesh presumably has less hardness than metal and fewer hit points, but is easier to work with (lower DCs) and is easier to heal.

Mongoose Gar said:
No, no rules for the PCs bringing unholy life to dead flesh in Horror. They're supposed to frown on that sort of thing.

I'd just use the Amazing Machine rules from Steampunk; flesh presumably has less hardness than metal and fewer hit points, but is easier to work with (lower DCs) and is easier to heal.

I agree on the frowning part, but I guess it depends on your style of campaign (Girl Genius?). In mine, I have some horror/insanity rules that might twist a particular smart gnome to go down that path...up to the other PCs to bring him to his senses though :D

Mongoose Gar said:

I agree on the frowning part, but I guess it depends on your style of campaign (the comic Girl Genius?). In mine, I have some horror/insanity rules that might twist a particular smart gnome to go down that path...up to the other PCs to bring him to his senses though :D
*Good idea on the Amazing Machine rules tweaks, thanks!

8bitjunkie said:
Yup, i didnt have a problem coming up with a flesh-golem stats...just wanted to know if there were rules in OGL Horror for PCs to make them. :D

I havent finished reading the amazing machine rules in OGL Steampunk, maybe there is some info in there on creating constructs (just substitute flesh for steel)... :?

Er... oops. misread your question... hate when I do that! So anyway, yeah, looks like you got a good suggestion with using the construct rules.

Back