Forum Volleyball Teams

Rurik

Mongoose
I was thinking it would be fun to start a friendly volleyball game for the forum members to get together, blow off some steam, and have a good time.

So far the teams are Crabby Old RQ Grognards and the Go-Go Mongoose Sunshine Team.

So far the rosters are:

Crabby Old Grognards:
Urox
atgxtg
and me I guess

Go-Go Mongoose Team:
Dead Blue Clown
andakitty

Anyone else interested please post here as well as the team you want to play on.

Spiking is allowed (part of the purpose is to blow off steam) but it is a FRIENDLY game remember.

We will try to work out the logistics of all meeting at a later date.

*** Disclaimer: This topic is entirely for entertainment purposes only, any other use is unauthorized. Any resemblance of the posters herein to actual posters is entirely coincidental (no, really). Spiking allowed means the volleyball may be hit hard in a downward motion over the net and is not to imply any pointed objects will be allowed or tolerated at the game. ***

A little inaccurate. I AM THE Crabby Old Grognard...who is trying...very...hard to be just a *little* optimistic, for a change. I turn down the wonderful invitation. Thanks anyway, I have no idea how to play volleyball. :wink:

Enpeze said:
How much does the ticket cost?

If you play it's free. You know you want to.

andakitty said:
A little inaccurate. I AM THE Crabby Old Grognard...who is trying...very...hard to be just a *little* optimistic, for a change. I turn down the wonderful invitation. Thanks anyway, I have no idea how to play volleyball.

Come on kitty, if you can one find one board regular to say I put you on the wrong team I will gladly move you over to the other one. I mean, if the fictional andakitty in this for entertainment post were really you. :wink:

I'll take a seat in the crowds. I have too much sympathy for both sides to inflict my awesome (read: terrible) volleyball skills on either one.

I'll take one of those big foam hand things, though. Oh, hell yes.

Dead Blue Clown said:
I'll take a seat in the crowds. I have too much sympathy for both sides to inflict my awesome (read: terrible) volleyball skills on either one.

I'll take one of those big foam hand things, though. Oh, hell yes.

Hey, I think Clown is right. Since he is a Mongooose empolyee it wopuld be unfair to have him play on any one team.

Why don't we switch from Voyyball to a real RuneQuest sport, Trollball!

I think all of us have felt like a Trollkin trying to make it off te field from time to time.

C'mon now Clown, if you and kitty sit out there will be no Mongoose team. The Crabby team will win by default.

I figure Mongoose employees have to play on the Mongoose team by default.

I don't think a poor volleyball skill rating should discourage anyone from playing. I hate to generalize but considering we are all 1) Role Players, and 2) Spend a lot of time on computer forums I really don't expect the halving rule to cause any problems at this game.

You guys should be able to get Itto at least.

We don't want to play volleyball, we want to play Runequest. :lol:

You guys would make a good Troll team for Trollball, though, now that you mention it. :p

andakitty said:
What defender? I'm not supposed to be playing! :roll:

All we have to do is lure you to a beach, put you one one side of a net, and spike the ball at you really hard. You'll be playing whether you wanted to or not. :twisted:

As we are all roleplayers it is a given that we all need the exercise....
(there should be a fat puffy smiley). :wink: :)

Any who, trollball is so Unrefined (and violent) we should play crig-it...

Can I pay with predigested Bolgs*, they're worth more!

*Brought to you exclusively by Bogo's finest superior trollkin, who are hand beaten to ensure that our bolgs are etched in the most exquisite taste (no pun intended).*

sarahnewton said:
Yaaaaaagh - TROLLBAAAAAAAAAAAAALL!

Gibbergibbergibbergibber oops.

Who's the ball?!?

:twisted:

Is'nt there some kind of rule that the first person to ask...?

I'm sure you are light on your feet.

It's only polite.

Back