Fleet Update #2

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
Just to let everyone know, we have just posted a revision of Fleet Update #2 with a few tweaks and revised points costs. The Drone chapter has not been touched yet but is currently under review.

The Gorn DNH still says it has extra Plasma Rs for defence against agile enemies.

I don't mind having two extra Plasma Rs on this ship but I thnk it should read Plasma Ds :lol:

Its like WWII reports all over again - every tank a Tiger, every AT gun an 88 - every plasma an R...

LimeyDragon said:
Myrm said:
Its like WWII reports all over again - every tank a Tiger, every AT gun an 88 - every plasma an R...

Wow, someone has Played "Flames of War".

Avalons hill old solo board game Pattons Best saw you in command of a sherman tank, every enemy tank you had not yet ID'd was a tiger ( and as I remember, every anti tank gun an 88"). That made identifying them important. Your chances of surviving a shot from something unidentified was small!

McKinstry said:
LimeyDragon said:
Myrm said:

I'm still waiting for the Klingon storm trooper move rule.

Oh god I still have nightmares about the FOW stormtrooper move rule and Stugs in partial cover. Brutal against my advancing Canadian Rifle company.

anyways...

LimeyDragon said:
Myrm said:

Yes and with a Hungarian army I prefer to stick to homegrown toys (Zyrinyi FTW) - but even so I was referring much further back - one AH offering has been mentioned and that was based on wartime commentary.

Hi

Would it be possible to include a summary of changes, rather than us all spending hours doing a line by line comparison to find out what has changed? Thanks

Hi guys,

Just ghot my first models and the rules. Looking at Fleet Update #2 I notice that the C6 and C9 have stronger shields than the C8. Doesn't strike me as right (and certainly isn't the case in either SFB or FC). Should the C8 be 36, as per the C9?

The C9 should have Shields 30; the same as the C8 and KC9R. The C6, C9 and C10 are all still in playtest status so they could change before they become official.

The shield rating of the Klingon F6 should be 19, not 24. Got Steve to agree with me on that one, since there's no way the F6 should have Heavy Battlecruiser level shields. :shock:

while looking up the Klingon dreadnoughts these are what I find for shield stats:

C3=18
C4=28
C8=36
C9=36
C10=36

most upgrades for the Klingon Fleet were performed to the rear arcs. this was to correct the "Glass Jaw" type shields that those lowly Humans went after.

as for point value:

C3=115
C4=179
C6=244
C8=320
C9=275
C10=348

please note: for point/shield values of the C3, C4 & C9 are all based off of the SFB stats. For the C6, C8 & C10 these were taken from FC. The C8 is better able to defend itself against drones/fighters than the C9 which is part of the reason for the Point difference in SFB.

so I believe ( since I am not one of the play testers )that the point values are correct (except for the C9) for ACTA:SF but that the C8 shields need to be adjusted to 36

the missing arc for the Gorn DNT's third plasma f launcher should be SH (which I am sure everyone has guessed already)

firekite the shields for the C6, C9 and probably the C10 will in the end all probably be adjusted down to 30 at no point adjustment. The reason... Klingon Double front shields. The C8 was adjusted during play testing because trying to crack a 72 point shield was rediculious. The only reason the C8 shields were not further reduced was because of the way all power to shields works.

Back