First Ones

HanSolo

Mongoose
Are there plans to make a sourcebook that covers other races of First Ones as those which were published by Agents of Gaming for the Babylon 5 Wars game??? or there will be references to them in the upcoming Darkness and Light????

Thanks

I am kind of hoping that "Darkness & Light" will contain stuff on the other First Ones; but on the other hand I would really like for them to get their own book! :D

DW

I don't see them needing a whole book, I mean at best we only see their ships, apart from Lorien, the obvious race would be the Zog from Sigma 957. We know more about them than any other First Ones race that isn't Vorlon, Shadow or Lorien.

LBH

There are few references in Darkness and Light, but really, they're plot devices. Player characters - even Vorlon player characters - are never going to engage with them in a meaningful way.

First One PC's? *faint* oh wait, I'd make a player who wanted to play one be one of the Shadows that accompanies Morden to Centauri Prime, right before his last meeting with Londo... :p

In Babylon 5 wars by AOG there was a book Wars of the Ancients that covered the ancient past and how the ancients related to one anouther. Also a bunch of cool ships for each of the races. There has been a decent amount of fluff done on the ancients so getting there own book really woulden't be a problem.

There are few references in Darkness and Light, but really, they're plot devices. Player characters - even Vorlon player characters - are never going to engage with them in a meaningful way.

You can't have first one PC's. First Ones should have god like power and should be so more powerfull than the younger races that fighting them in useless (unless you have a nuke hidden about your person). Plot devices are what they should be and plot devices should be were they stay. (Still give the stats, though, for comparison)

Wraith,

If people want to have First One PCs let them. I know I wouldn't want them in my game, but some people might want to play very high level games.

LBH

If people want to have First One PCs let them. I know I wouldn't want them in my game, but some people might want to play very high level games.

It would have to be high level if Vorlons are suposed to be "more powerful than you could possibly imagine."

Other questions would be what classes could they take and what would you actualy do with with them for an adventure?

In the Vorlon book, I suggested a campaign where you start 1,000 years ago. Four Vorlon players - one ruling over the Minbari, one over the Centauri, one over Humanity and one over the Narn. The challenge is to guide them to form an alliance of light before the next Shadow War. Each game session would cover a century or so.

Yes, Vorlons are immensly powerfull, but so are Shadows and other First Ones, not to mention Thirdspace...

I wouldn't mind running a Vorlon adventure where they encounter beings in Hyperspace or Thirdspace, maybe not an entire campaign, but a few adventures, just for fun. That would teach the players that there are other things out there that even Vorlons runs from :twisted:

Mongoose Gar said:
In the Vorlon book, I suggested a campaign where you start 1,000 years ago. Four Vorlon players - one ruling over the Minbari, one over the Centauri, one over Humanity and one over the Narn. The challenge is to guide them to form an alliance of light before the next Shadow War. Each game session would cover a century or so.

That would work, and it would accentuate the "differentness" of the Vorlons from us younger races.

But a "First One Smackdown" style of play (which that wouldn't be) really just wouldn't work for me.

Mongoose Gar said:

The Vorlons never seem to had much to do with the Centauri though. Possibly why Londo saw 'nothing' (or so he said) in "Fall of Night"

LBH

lastbesthope said:
The Vorlons never seem to had much to do with the Centauri though. Possibly why Londo saw 'nothing' (or so he said) in "Fall of Night"

The Xon of course may be a different issue ;)

That would be a cushy job though, being the Vorlon assigned to oversee Centauri Prime.

"So how's our chosen race doing on CP this week then..?"
"All dead still. My filing is up to date though. I've even put little sticky notes on all the folders and alphabetised the case notes. I'm working on my novel as well..."

There's some suggestion that Londo's connection to the Shadows meant he couldn't perceive Kosh - or that he didn't _want_ to. (If you're standing there feeling guiltly and think you've sold your soul to the devil, the last thing you want is an angel showing up to confirm your suspicions...he could have been in denial.)

Only some suggestion, it's possible Kosh prevented Londo from seeing him, after all he does consider both the Narn and the Centauri a dying people.

LBH

Alright, I give in. I hadn't considered that type of epic game.

But can we at least have conformation that First Ones will be powerfull and not just 50 hit point wimps.

In B5 RPG 50 HP is a lot, even sheridan and Garibaldi don't have that many for their stats at 20th and 18th level in the Crusade supplement.

But I understand your sentiment

LBH

In B5 RPG 50 HP is a lot, even sheridan and Garibaldi don't have that many for their stats at 20th and 18th level in the Crusade supplement.

True, but a human soldier can get as many as 69 hit points at level 20. Given the amount of fire Kosh 2 was taking in season 4 it seems that a couple of hundred hit points is not unreasonable.

I'm thinking somthing along the lines of an equivalent of a D20 challenge rating of 30. Also high Int, Wis, and Cha stats (28+).

Back