First Ones paint job help needed

@ Warspite:
Thanks for the input :D
I had the lights and blue rim painted a bit differently, but the hues of the tendrils are nicely replicated by your technique. It evidently helps to have some skills with camera and lighting...
What wash did you use on your ship? I'm kinda afraid a black ink wash will dim the lights as I want them quite bright.

Sorry for the delay in responding, was on vacation.
I didn't do a wash as such, just watered down the acylics to the point they flowed very easily over the areas I wanted to paint. I just added more coats to build up the sections I wanted to show off.
As for the stand, I really didn't want to do all that work on the saucer and not be able to see it with out taking it off the stand.

Hope this helps.

Don

@ Banichi: Since you wonder about the Traveller it's ressurection time... :wink:

I haven't got a chance to work on my friend's traveller. His vacation time had run out by the time I decided on the scheme for the other 4 :(

Thanks dude. I had gone looking for this thread, but missed it. (It's fairly clearly named :oops: ) Warspite's last photo is exactly what I was looking for, a clear look at the back of the traveller. :D

Banichi said:
I had gone looking for this thread, but missed it. (It's fairly clearly named :oops: )

No problem. quite understandable since the keyword in your mind was most probably "traveller" :wink:

On to the ship...
Since I didn't get to finish my friend's traveller, I can't comment on the bottom section. For the blue lines and rim of the saucer I propose a flat white acrylic base, then a layer or two of clear blue enamel (thinned). Any thoughts?

I have to admit I hadn't thought of using enamel, I was thinking along the lines of hard coat gloss varnish to give the sky blue sections a bit of shine.

I've pinned most parts of the mini together as a precaution because I found turning it on its side radically changes the balance of the mini, as well as the stress points. In the pointing up postion it all neatly sits on the saucer pretty much one piece atop another.

Also interesting... I havent seen it done before, so I haven't thought of varnish.

How do you pin a model? I've never actually done tat. Heard of it but never tried it myself. Probably a wise move since the traveller is quite a heavy model.

Back