first game

Majinga

Mongoose
Played my first game of Runequest under the new mongoose rules this sunday at a ickle con in Leeds .

Some chap from mongoose ran it (sorry not good with names) .

Rather good , I played a bit with the original rules and with a later eddition , the new rules felt perfect.

Im used to playing DnD and the game felt very different as it should (as any none heroic system would) . Chrs felt vulnerable combat dangerouse .

Feels like runequest should feel like . Combat quick and dangerouse, Majic seemed more streamlined (which is good) .

I enjoyed it

:)

Richard

I also played RQ at the Wrath of Con in Leeds on Saturday. I chose to play the witch and I had a great time. I've been playing rpgs for the past 16 years but had never played RQ, so jumped at the chance to belly up to the table.

Good game, good scenario, good people, good times. I hope there is another Wrath of Con next year.

One of the players at the table was one of the old guard who had played RQ back in the day and he seemed pleased with its new incarnation. To me, as a newbie RQ player I thought it was a very good system and not unlike Warhammer FRP. It seems that back when GW lost the RQ license they based their wfrp on the RQ system.

Anyway that's my 2p on RQ, hope it was useful to someone. Sorry for invocing the unholy name of GW in this post.

Screen Monkey said:
I also played RQ at the Wrath of Con in Leeds on Saturday. I chose to play the witch and I had a great time. I've been playing rpgs for the past 16 years but had never played RQ, so jumped at the chance to belly up to the table.

Good game, good scenario, good people, good times. I hope there is another Wrath of Con next year.

One of the players at the table was one of the old guard who had played RQ back in the day and he seemed pleased with its new incarnation. To me, as a newbie RQ player I thought it was a very good system and not unlike Warhammer FRP. It seems that back when GW lost the RQ license they based their wfrp on the RQ system.

Anyway that's my 2p on RQ, hope it was useful to someone. Sorry for invocing the unholy name of GW in this post.

I play both systems RQ and WFRP2 and I think there are many similarities between those 2. But RQ is of course simpler and much better than WFRP2. Even if the Career templates of WFRP2 are great.

I got to play it a Gen Con. The old guard seemed happy with it. I really liked it, even though we had a last minute fill in GM who wasn't 100% on the module, or all of the system. It was fast and fun. I was a bit underimpressed with the Wizard I played. No real offensive juice at all. I hope the magic system improves with the forthcoming books.

Back