Fifth Frontier War Wishlist

I've heard that Fifth Frontier War is on its way. I still think I have the old module and maps, but truth to tell I could never get into the wargaming.

But I would love to see the following:-

- An adventure where the Travellers start it completely by accident;

- Maybe the Travellers get caught up in the war and save someone's life or take out a dangerous weapon, shortening the war by ten years;

- An adventure where, if the Travellers weren't there when the war started, they're around to finish it.

Another thing I would love to see - a Life During Wartime module. Travellers being forced to work for an Impie Noble who just commandeered their ship; Travellers unable to find the components to fix their vessel due to the parts being commandeered for the war effort; Travellers facing shortages of basics such as food, medicines, luxuries, again due to the war effort; wartime Patrons and adventures; changes to the Trade Game due to the war; and a revised Spinward Marches post-war.

I wouldn't mind an up to date board game.
Some minis (preferably pre-painted like the Battlefield Evolution ones)

steelbrok said:
I wouldn't mind an up to date board game.
Some minis (preferably pre-painted like the Battlefield Evolution ones)

This is much and so hard. I'm not sure if that's something that Mongoose has a say in (?) or not, but even if not, it'd be great to see pop up as Mongoose gets into the 5FW.

Great care must be taken - it was the Fifth Frontier War that made the CT setting really boring and it never really recovered.

That said I am really looking forward to it - I will obviously be backing any kickstarter for this :)

Ever heard of "Operation Washtub"? It was a joint USAF/FBI effort in the 1950s up in Alaska to train "stay behind" civilian agents ahead of a potential invasion up that way by Soviet forces. It involved all sorts of classic pulpy spy stuff like training selected civilians in secret for reconnaissance and guerilla tactics, paying them in gold, creating secret caches of silenced weapons and explosives in the wilderness, and so on. Interesting stuff.

I bring this up because I always thought that would make a great adventure, supplement, article, or add-on material to that of the Fifth Frontier War.

Spenser said:
Ever heard of "Operation Washtub"? It was a joint USAF/FBI effort in the 1950s up in Alaska to train "stay behind" civilian agents ahead of a potential invasion up that way by Soviet forces. It involved all sorts of classic pulpy spy stuff like training selected civilians in secret for reconnaissance and guerilla tactics, paying them in gold, creating secret caches of silenced weapons and explosives in the wilderness, and so on. Interesting stuff.

I bring this up because I always thought that would make a great adventure, supplement, article, or add-on material to that of the Fifth Frontier War.

This is similar to the Phoenix Project that was reportedly set up the Solomani when the Imperials invaded Terra during the Solomani Rim War.
The project was said to have consisted of two distinct parts:

Prepositioned caches of military goods to supply the rising and...
A continuing program for the training of guerrillas.
The caches were concealed in many different places on Terra, in areas calculated to preclude accidental discovery over the years. Each cache contained large quantities of munitions, weapons, vehicles, and medical supplies, all of varying technological levels so as to be of use regardless of the technical knowledge of the users. Each cache was hidden with its location entrusted to a single local family. These families were to form the core of the guerrilla forces when the rising was to take place.

A massive Imperial counter-guerrilla effort in 1040 to 1045 was directed at the discovery and destruction of the caches and the arrest of the families entrusted with their secrets.

NATO's Secret Army in Switzerland, Austria, Sweden and Finland

Our historical documentary series on the history of the Cold War continues with a second video on Operation Gladio, as the US and NATO create stay-behind secret armies in Switzerland, Austria, Sweden and Finland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaQNG_MvG6Q

maxresdefault.jpg

Yeah, this Gladio stuff is blown way out of proportions by certain persons. And none of the four countries mentioned was a NATO member during the Cold War.

Back