Favourite Gangs

What is your preferred Gang

• Just your normal Street Gang ("My Boys Are Hard")!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Apes ("Whack 'Im Out, Fast Eek")!

• Robots ("Call Me Kenneth")!

• Ubdercity Gang ("Bong Bong, Tong Tong, Ton Ton")!

• I Prefer Using Judges, I wish Mongoose Would Produce Rules For Using Judges ALL The While!!!!!!!!

• Total voters
What are everybodies favourite Gangs?

I'm just nosey really, I (personally) prefer my Robot Gang. But I have an Ape Gang I use quite often too!

Gotta be the Undercity gang for me. Love those Werewolves! :twisted: And since I love to convert models the Mutants are a lot of fun to make up out of old bits. I think that any gang in the hands of a criminal mind will do well though, the game is pretty fair all round. :D

I put down Judges, just on general principles. Cus I like them, and they're neat... And I do think you could do them justice with the right style of rules (Also: Judge vs Judge, could be other cities... Could also be a training day? The US Military runs training days fairly consisitently. Throwing two forces against eachother with orders to win at any cost. No lethal weaponry used, but great for practice for the troops.)

Ilushia said:
I put down Judges, just on general principles. Cus I like them, and they're neat... And I do think you could do them justice with the right style of rules (Also: Judge vs Judge, could be other cities... Could also be a training day? The US Military runs training days fairly consisitently. Throwing two forces against eachother with orders to win at any cost. No lethal weaponry used, but great for practice for the troops.)

I did actually write Rules for such a thing, but Mongoose (although they were impressed with them) said that they simply 'weren't suitable' for GOMC1 as using Judges in that way wasn't really what the game was all about.

It was suggested that I re-write them to facilitate Judges 'growing' between games in the same way as gangs - so the Perps got to 'know' their local Judges as it were.

Its a shame really, as they played quite well.

Well, you can always play them locally. And throw them up on the web somewhere else, it's not like the rules existing hurts Mongoose (If anything it'll draw people who wana play with Judges innto the game, and maybe they'll decide to play other things too!). Kinda a pitty though. I was giving thought to some ideas like the gangs being able to raid the presinct (Typically it'd be several gangs against the Judges) to recover their arrested allies or the like. Probably not appropriate to the setting, but it'd be wicked cool. Four gangs deciding that the Judges are more trouble then eachother at the moment and work together to raid the local presinct to free their captive members.

Ilushia said:
Well, you can always play them locally. And throw them up on the web somewhere else, it's not like the rules existing hurts Mongoose (If anything it'll draw people who wana play with Judges innto the game, and maybe they'll decide to play other things too!). Kinda a pitty though. I was giving thought to some ideas like the gangs being able to raid the presinct (Typically it'd be several gangs against the Judges) to recover their arrested allies or the like. Probably not appropriate to the setting, but it'd be wicked cool. Four gangs deciding that the Judges are more trouble then eachother at the moment and work together to raid the local presinct to free their captive members.

We've been playing them for around a year now, they work really well Lol.

Even though as a Justice Department 'Gang' you generally only get a Judge and a Lawmaster to begin with Lol!

Hey! One judge and a Lawmaster makes for a fairly scary starting force. Especially with potential to grow to have more Judges in the force (You could easily see this h appening too. Crime rate in the area starts out relatively slow, and as time goes on and the gangs gain power more and more judges are thrown into the breach to stop them). The thing that I always loved about games like GoMC1, Necromunda and the like was the way the characters evolve over many games to have their own unique abilities and style. You don't really NEED a lot of different 'kinds' of gang to produce a vastly large number of different end-result gangs. Heck, look at Necromunda, it only had one set of stats for every gang to share, the only difference between them was what weapons they could buy at the start of the game, and what skills they had access to as the game progressed... And each of the gangs played very very differently because of that.

That, and it's a good chance to go wild with weird conversions as the game goes on and your gang leader loses an eye, acquires a bionic arm and gradually accumulates trophies (I could t otally picture a self-absorbed gang leader who thinks he's the best there is collecting, say, badges off the judges his gang has killed).

We can still dream. It would rock though. I voted judges.

On another note, not trying to go too off topic, how would you guys think block war would work, with regard to gameplay, factions and, say, rules.

I imagine something nice, maybe reminiscent of 2nd ed. 40K.

I can see all the GOMC 1 miniatures and faction being suitable, but what else can be done for decent, fully fleshed armies?

I love the universe of judge dredd, but I am not into comics. I liked the movie, computer games (the one on the snes rocked), and the RPG is my favourite RPG by far.

The Block War rules are going to be based on the SST Rules (They've said this... Twice now I think). With some alterations to make them fit with the style of Judge Dredd a bit better, I think. But over-all they'll basically be an adjusted version of the SST rules... It'd be very neat to see them compatable with SST (Which I'm hoping for) Just cus I'd love to see something like Bugs invading MC1 and having the local populace and the Judges out on the streets trying to resist them.

The rules are immaterial really, if they are based on GOMC1 (which was said they would be based on initially) - thats fine. As its an easier transition for some gamers.

If they are based on SST thats fine too, as it opens up possibilities!

I want to know about the Miniatures more, Plastic Judges. Extra's on the Sprue to make Tek/Med Judges etc.

Plastic Lawmaster Bikes (ooh, I'm shaking with excitement at the thought)!

Plastic Citi-Def (or just a boxed set would be nice), more Ganger varients etc, etc.

Back