Fantasycraft and Conan ??

Seeker

Mongoose
Could this be what the new announcement in Nov is about ?? The Fantasycraft pdf is out and print books not too far away.

Or maybe if Conan goes systemless/multisystem, this could be another format for our favorite barbarian.

Despite not being a huge d20 fan I must admit I'm eager to get the dead tree version of Fantasy Craft (sorry, I can't read rulebooks on a computer screen) and even more thrilled at the possibility of a Craft Conan, having read a lot of good reviews on this "new" d20 system (I know it's coming from SpyCraft).

W.

Seeker said:
Could this be what the new announcement in Nov is about ?? The Fantasycraft pdf is out and print books not too far away.

Or maybe if Conan goes systemless/multisystem, this could be another format for our favorite barbarian.

Nope, and no. Read the thread on the long, cold wait where Matt Sprange says it's not a new system or edition. All that talk has simply been speculation, completely needles IMO. He has also said it will be something existing fans will go gaga over. Existing fans would not go gaga over having to throw out all their previously bought books to work with a new system. Why the speculation that Mongoose will rely on another publisher for a successful product line like Conan, when they never have before? I guess this is the nature of not having enough info from the publisher. :?

Ok thanks, Flatscan and Warzen.

I was hoping for some sort of official link between FC and Conan but if not, I'm still considering using FC as the engine for my Hyborian adventures.

I am a big fan of their Spycraft system and after playing it for one d20 genre, I converted all the other D20 games I play (except Conan) to it. Now FC is out.

FC apparently has conversion rules for D20/OGL monsters so I should be able to make use of my existing Conan books.

He has also said it will be something existing fans will go gaga over.

my hope is that it will be a Hyborian age atlas using the maps from Vincent.

but we all know hope is but the first step on the road to disappointment.

Also NPCs can be created quickly with the FC system (and they scale automatically to the level of the PCs) so this should avoid having to spend a lot of time creating characters in Conan games.

Krushnak said:
but we all know hope is but the first step on the road to disappointment.

That right there is the main reason I haven't done much speculating. We have woefully little info to go by, mainly just this:

Mongoose said:
There have been some worried people believing we are going to drop the 'D20' version of Conan like a hot potato. If this is you, we are currently working on a set of Conan books that you will go dippy for and, no, you won't need to worry about changing over to another system. Vincent Darlage is currently working on this Special Project, and we'll reveal all in the next State of the Mongoose.

Although Matt recently said that Vincent may or may not be working on it. <mega-sigh> :roll:

Seeker said:
Also NPCs can be created quickly with the FC system (and they scale automatically to the level of the PCs) so this should avoid having to spend a lot of time creating characters in Conan games.

I could see Conan being an awesome game when using FantasyCraft...or even Savage Worlds now that the Fantasy Companion is out.

Back