Evolution of RQ / Legend Monsters

Lemnoc

Mongoose
I’ve spent some time combing through the creatures of the SRD, RQ2, Legend, RQ6 and see there’s A LOT of small variation in common creature stat blocks. You know, a lion in one version is more strongly diced than in another version. But they’re each, y’know, a lion. And each version is, in its own way, definitive and "official."

I wonder if anyone has written, or would care to write, a history of the methodology of the various instances of RQ / Legend. Why would, for example, a lion written for the SRD be wrong or incompatible for Legend? What innovations in Legend makes the SRD version of the lion unbalanced?

This would be fascinating to me, and also helpful in statting up creatures of my own.

I did a comparison on monster stats between RQ2/RQ3/BRP/MRQ1/MRQ2 and put the results in a spreadsheet, but can't seem to find a link for it.

If I get the time, I'll try and find the spreadsheet and post the link here. It isn't a history or evolution, but details where things are different between systems.

Back