Evo when?

5.56 Surgeon

Mongoose
Alright, its almost July. Supposedly, SST Evo hits shelves in August.

And with the exception of some cards, and the prototype models from a loooog time back. We have heard squat. Fluff is nice, but I personally need more then that.

If things are going according to plan, then someone say something. If its ready for unveiling, but not the stores, again, say something.

And if you wait till August 1st to tell us its been delayed again...screw you, I'm taking my money elsewhere.

Remember, No news Is NOT good news. :x

Just read from this board that Target has the rulebook listed on their site. I also noticed a game for Gen Con. But nothing official.

Looking at the upcoiming release schedules, nothing is listed for either August or September, this inclines me to believe its been delayed, I just wish MGP would say something.....

Mind you there is a new S&P out on monday so that may have all sorts in it....

If the next S&P offers real info, then I will write an apology then ask them to lock this thread.

If not....well lets just say that some friends prefer GW.

To be honest, saying screw you to someone will only get a screw you back.
More info would be nice, but they are only waiting to make it better.
So calm down.

Rob_alderman said:
So calm down.

That was calm.

The rest of the post was removed by myself for reasons of excessive snark and pissiness.

Nothing wrong with the existing game, so I'm going to continue to enjoy playing it, buying figures, making terrain, and running or playing in Starship Troopers games.

It was noble for Mongoose to share and communicate with customers that they were changing the game with a new edition. However an age old saying- "No good deed goes unpunished" holds true once again.

Goldwyrm said:
It was noble for Mongoose to share and communicate with customers that they were changing the game with a new edition. However an age old saying- "No good deed goes unpunished" holds true once again.

Um, I think they would have earned more ill-will for silence in the face of a long period with no releases. So communicating about the new edition wasn't a purely selfless act.

I'm not impressed by the low information flow, myself. But then most game companies seem to operate this way: announce a ship date, then let it slip. Mongoose has already lost a chunk of the market by letting AT-43 get to market first; I don't feel the need to punish them beyond that.

Valid points Xorrander.

I do think most companies would have dumped a change on players with no notice and deal with the flak afterwards- not before, during, and afterwards as Mongoose is doing. So I do respect them more for being upfront. Their communication has also enabled me to collect a lot more of the current product range at discount prices as others turn away. :wink:

Customer chatter can create a self-fulfilling prophecy for game products, so I'm just sending out optimism waves at full power because I want to see Mongoose succeed.

I'd rather it take another year than be rushed out the door before the rules and the models are ready.

That said. . . Mongoose should be using this time wisely to make sure everything rules wise to complete unambiguous. The rules got a broad "playtest" from BF:Evo and lessons learned there should be incorporated into the SST rules.

Rules should be written as clearly and unambigiously as possible. I will be happy to help if assistance is needed.

Rob_alderman said:
So calm down.

So are you saying the reason we wont be seeing SST by August is because people on the forum have been nasty? :shock: Damn you're eyes people! :D

I don't think I can get angry at Mongoose these days, after all the support we've seen fall through for SST over the past year and a half a couple more months can't make any difference to my enjoyment of the game.
Its worth bearing in mind that Mongoose didn't manage a GenCon unvieling for BF:E either before people get their hopes up to high (Also that theres no sign of any SST:Evo games at Gencon this year in Mongooses list of participation games)...

Basically what Im saying is stow you're anger, let it fester and boil inside your hearts till the release date, then when the products aren't released let the resentment and hatred fester just that little bit longer, till we finally see the production paint jobs... Then let it loose, sit back and wait to get told; 'stop complaining, its only a game, if you dont like it don't buy it, other companies would demand your first born son for products of this quality' :D

All Im hoping is that by Christmas at the very latest they get it released, and by August next year SST:Evo is out and still supported!

I want my evo!!!!! :D

I'm just sad because I know the quality of the prepaints will be better than my painting skills..... Maybe I can copy haha.

There are many things I could say here in a negative fashion.

I have held on for over nine months now for SST:Evo but to be honest BF:Evo is simply not my cup of tea.

I spend on average $500 per month or more and I have been spending my hobby money elsewhere. This is simply lost money to Mongoose and a gain for a certain French company.

I hope SST re-emerges eventually. :D

i'ld really like to see some of the communication between mongoose publishing and the players that used to be so common on these forums, but i'm still having a good time sith sst, excited to see the new skinnys

Rob_alderman said:
So calm down.

Yup, you are right, the question however who is saying screw you.... If MGP want to keep people intrested in the game they should be talking to us, whether thats will concrete details about release dates or jsut anouther wave of preview cards isn' that important.

Its when there is nothing piled on nothing, except for the occasioanl Yes we are still planning for an August release (said by Matt about 3 weeks ago) and more fluff in S&P that has done nothing to excite people and lots to give people stuff to winge about... note 8 pages about the freakin name of the Forth...

If MGP put out another wave of cards I would imagine most the winging about race names and when the game is going to be released will be replaced by winging that units to powerful, this units special ability is broken and race X can't be beaten.... all good healthy quibbles about a game we are here posting about because we want to buy in....

We aren't getting much feed back at all really are we?
I get the impression off of the play testers that its increasingly difficult for them to effect any changes during the development, which is a crying shame considering who they have on the panel...

Added to that its looking increasingly likely we wont actually be shown something concrete yet again this month; and the August release, even if it is on line should be put back till Mongoose has done a bit of promotion!
If the people on the games forum are confused about whats happening (And it seems rapidly losing patience) what the heck are people in the world at large thinking?
Mongoose Old Bear said:
... As SST Evo draws near you can rest assured that the articles will flow in. Invariably the nature of a game in transition means there is a dip but there's no need to worry.
This leads me to believe that we're still in the dip before the release...

I know Mongoose has the games best interests at heart, that they did what they felt they had to to save the license and that they're aiming this at a wider market than before, but what I don't know is how ignoring and alienating the existing fanbase is in the games best interests...
I'm hoping that this is all part of an under promise, over deliver tactic, and come August I'll be eating a big slice of humble pie, at the very least they've got the under promise side of it down to a tee!

Goldwyrm said:
Nothing wrong with the existing game, so I'm going to continue to enjoy playing it, buying figures, making terrain, and running or playing in Starship Troopers games.

I'm with you on that. I've played BF Evo a few times now and like it quite a bit, but I don't think the Evo game mechanics (especially the Shatterpoint rule) work well with SST. So I'll enjoy BF Evo for my modern games, but for sci-fi...SST V1 4-ever!

Epiphany Epiphany epiphany.....

Cheap miniatures make for a great epiphany. So i have discovered. Ok ill admit it im an ass. Its a game a good game too with a ton of products out more than enough for me to use before new stuff is released.

ill admit i have said bad stuff about matt and the fan base here... it was childish and in needs of a good kick in the ass. Though there is some blame on both sides - we like our games, sometimes a little too much. We love them and treat them like errant children. Though ill be happy when the new game comes out i do love the old game.

all i gotta say is if you love SST you'll love it in whatever incarnation.

anyhoo the droid is back

Adastra said:
Goldwyrm said:

I'm with you on that. I've played BF Evo a few times now and like it quite a bit, but I don't think the Evo game mechanics (especially the Shatterpoint rule) work well with SST. So I'll enjoy BF Evo for my modern games, but for sci-fi...SST V1 4-ever!

Well SST Evo was what was going to get me back into the game. And I will not be playing BF anytime soon, as I have no minis or players.

Back