ESI

A

Anonymous

Is there any information out there about Earthforce Special Intelligence. I am trying to start a campaign and have some ideas, but am NOT a devout follower of the series.

Seen most of seasons 1-3, but then spotty after that, and only one of the movies.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Ronin84

Sorry, I don't recall anything in the series.

On the other hand, I'd expect it could be anything you'd like, CIA, FBI, Interpol, etc.

So, go wild and enjoy yourself.

Sidney

Ronin84 said:
Is there any information out there about Earthforce Special Intelligence. I am trying to start a campaign and have some ideas, but am NOT a devout follower of the series.

Seen most of seasons 1-3, but then spotty after that, and only one of the movies.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Ronin84

Hi,

I haven't see any think like you (some little more, in fact), but I couldn't remember some specific appearence of ESI into the show, except if Presidential Secret Service, the both agents of ""And the Sky Full of Stars" are members of ESI.

To me, I'm not sure that you continue to have an ESI, I think than you have only two Intelligence : Military (like President Secret Intelligent), and Psi Corp (like some part of Psi Cops, and Department Sigma).

Thus,
JaI

If I remember correctly, the guys who come to the station in "Hunter, Prey" (second season) to hunt the president's doctor are ESI. Not sure, but I think it was ESI who are the only one to get PPGs without a serial number, too. That was from "Revelations". I don't have the DVDs yet, so I could be wrong as to whether the above are in fact ESI, but I'm about 85% sure...

They seem to be somewhat similar to a Secret Service special investigations branch, for the Americans among us. MI5 I guess for the English, and all the rest of you will have to rely on your own knowledge! :lol:

Hope that helps.

Actually, the N.S.A. would be the closest equivalent I can think of.

The C.I.A. is only supposed to counter foreign threats, while the FBI is only supposed to investigate domestic threats, while the NSA has the power to investigate and counter threats both foreign and domestic.

Plus, the NSA is approximately 3x the size of the CIA, which would be much more in keeping with the little that is shown about ESI.

Don't forget the gentleman at the beginning of Season 3 with the unveiling of the whitestar. He is investigating knowledge of the shadow vessel filmed by Keffer. He was EarthForce Special Intelligence Division, and just a guy doing his best to protect Earth.

ESI (Earthforce Special Intelligence) is the intelligence division of earthforce , and they should be charged with obtaining intelligence data on exterior threats (espionage) , while ECIA guys (those that appear at "Hunter , Prey") are charged with internal intelligency & security (counterespionage) . However , this is my interpretation , so if anyone disagrees on this , he can go to the Psi Corps , asking for a clarification .

Back