Epic Kai

North Star

Mongoose
OK everyone. Do NOT immediately slaughter me please! :)
I know that the campaign is set in MS 5000, but for those of us who want to play through the gamebooks D20-style, will there be any chance at all of getting Grand Master rules (New Order or otherwise)?
I SO want to bash Ixitaga :)

NS.

I am happy to say that when I visit England in the next two weeks, one of the things I will be discussing with my beloved Mongoose Masters... errr... employers is Epic rules for Lone Wolf. Never fear; it IS going to happen.

-A

Excellent news.

I will keep you posted on the urgency of my particular requirement for Epic rules (currently low-moderate), so that you can adjust your priorities to better suit my personal gaming needs. :wink:

Now, now, it's not nice to murder other posters.

Come, come, Tagazin, I summon thee! From the Pit of Eternal Pain, with a box of Milk Bones, I summon thee!

<SableWyvern rises as undead and attempts to devour North Star alive.>

Good dog.

*Quickly runs from all the incipient madness inherent here*

*Fights off the undead Sable and watches as he takes double damage from the Sommerswerd...*

NS.

This is VERY good news. I know my own attempts to cobble them together stalled around Magi-Magic and Kai-Alchemy ;) It is challenging by that level to maintain balance and still make it, well...epic. I'll look forward to that and them pesky Shianti style mages, ;)

North Star said:
*Quickly runs from all the incipient madness inherent here*

*Fights off the undead Sable and watches as he takes double damage from the Sommerswerd...*

NS.

That light ... that is me as I burn, not the sun.

Your Sommerswerd functions poorly down here, in the dark.

Hee hee hee!

The immolated undead dog fears no one!

Will the Epic rules be based on the new order series and include sixteen grandmaster disciplines? It is easier to strip of the extra four than add them myself if I want to play Grandmaster Lone Wolf for example. So I would rather see them based on the new order.

That being the case would we see info on the new weapons produced by LW for the new order.

Cheers Winter Wolf.

As someone who only needs Grandmaster series rules, I nevertheless consider Winter Wolf's suggestion to be wise. I would be surprised if Mongoose didn't go down this path.

I loved the Grand Master series, they were my favorites! I'd love to see a good set of epic rules come into play.

Kai Alchemy and Magi Magic will be interesting, though - did old order Kai have these disciplines, or did Banedon and the other guy just teach Lone Wolf some new tricks that he incorporated into his body of abilities?

If Kai Alchemy is in, it'd be great to see a nice set of rules for the item creation aspect of that ability (that was advertised in the first Grand Master book but that you only got to use after Lone Wolf retired!) because I really like the new order special weapons. Bonus to fighting underwater? At least they sent me to an island!

Tarnak said:
Kai Alchemy and Magi Magic will be interesting, though - did old order Kai have these disciplines, or did Banedon and the other guy just teach Lone Wolf some new tricks that he incorporated into his body of abilities?

These skills did not appear in the old order they were taught first to Lone Wolf by Banedon and Rimoah.

Tarnak said:
If Kai Alchemy is in, it'd be great to see a nice set of rules for the item creation aspect of that ability (that was advertised in the first Grand Master book but that you only got to use after Lone Wolf retired!) because I really like the new order special weapons. Bonus to fighting underwater? At least they sent me to an island!

Agreed I too would like to see the Item craft rules of Kai Alchemy. I wonder how this will work? I guess it will point at the Brotherhood spells from the main book because there is a hell of a lot of material in there. It will probably do the same for the Old Kingdom spells pointing straight to the Vakeros class from the upcomming Magic of Magnamund. Whoa, that gets epic level Kai into context if they are able to pick up the complete set of magic powers up to tenth level for two other classes. :shock:

Back