Encounter in space D66 Table Question

JasRidan

Mongoose
Page 155 in the new Core Rules 2022 shows a D66 table that goes up to 96.
(Spacecraft Encounters)
I don't understand how DMs get these numbers from a D66 roll. What am I misunderstanding?

Sorry. I have an other question about the same table: there are some entries with "re-roll for Type". I am always confused. Re-roll what or where? For what type? Is there an other table I am missing?

Sorry. I have an other question about the same table: there are some entries with "re-roll for Type". I am always confused. Re-roll what or where? For what type? Is there an other table I am missing?
I couldn't find a suitable table either. Maybe it is just worth the Referee deciding themselves what type of ship the Travellers will encounter?

Thank you for your answer. I played it that way too and it is fine. Without rolling of course as I would have no clue for wich table to roll. But I always wondered if anybody else asks the question himself.

In the 2016 Core Rulebook this table seems to be called Space Encounters and is on page 146 in the chapter Spacecraft Operations. Besides the entries in question it lists all sorts of vessels so I would assume that you just re-roll on the same table until you come up with a suitable type, e.g. the source for the distress call or the actual type of the hostile vessel.

Last edited:
Back