Elvis in Combat gets Smacked at E&E!

Well, there is probably a great battle report somewhere but I don't have it. I've finally gotten around to uploading the decent pictures I took of my game against tiepilot!

He's a great gamer and anyone who gets a chance to play him, I recommend it. This was his second game and he taught me a lot even though I'm up about 5 games on him!

He really knew how to use his infantry and tanks. It took about 5 turns to knock my forces down to their shatter point.

Hightlights: His Abrams blasted my Type 99s, one in the first turn. Tiepilot noted that my "ready" markers are great for determing the front 45 degree los for readied MGs.

Hills were "cover". That caused some issues regarding los. We found it easier in the end to use:
Determine the "crest" of Hills.
If a unit is on the far side from the enemy unit, it has "cover"
If it is on the near side (ie over the crest) kiss cover goodbye.

At least I think we talked about doing that. I like it.

Hiromoon stopped by and hung out for awhile as well. Thanks to him tiepilot didn't have to deal with me cheating* too much as Hiromoon has a habit of keeping people honest. Hiromoon is another great gamer to play against. I'm a lucky person to have such great gamers in my area.

The Battlefield
I wish I was using that Challenger off to the side!
Battlefield.jpg

Battlefield2.jpg

Note the guys who are in shape on the other side, me? I'm behind the camera.
Battlefield-SkinnyGuysontheothersid.jpg

PLA Tank Goes BOOM!
PLATankGoesBOOM.jpg

PLA Tank coming around a corner:
PLATankcomesaroundacorner.jpg

USMC in the open! :shock:
PLA-LooktheEnemyintheopen.jpg

USMC ready to put the hurt on the PLA
PLA-LooktheEnemy.jpg

USMC-TanksInfantry.jpg

USMC-MGReady.jpg

*Obvisouly I'm kidding. My biggest problem is remembering the rules!

Hiromoon said:
Man, that's an unflattering photo of my belly.

yeah bro, your letting yourself go :p jk hiro.

you should see my Myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/byram430

thats me holding my trophy :D

Those pics are great, and really make it look like know what I'm doing! (I don't really believe that's the case though). Bill and Ben are great guys, and did a fine job of explaining how things worked. We did decide to change the way hills were used as cover, and I like what we came up with as well. It makes no sense that I can't shoot the screaming infantry swarming over the ridge at me. I like the ready markers, and I'll probably be picking up some of those, along with some smoke and flame ones this week. I'll definately be around to play some more. Now that my extra marines have shown up, my armies are legion. Now if I could only use my blackhawk... :wink:

ps, the black shirt really helps hide my "shape"

tables look good, nice to see non city type games.

have to ask in one of the npics is a M1A2 with a crewman pokeing out, where did that come from ?

If I get a chance I'll take some pics at home tonight. Then I'll try to figure out how to post pics on here. I don't currently have anyplace to host them.

a pic is worth 1000 words! I much prefer to see a report primarily made of pics and a little commentary, so nicely done! Just picked some BF:E stuff up last night..... seeing pics of em on a field makes me really really wanna play now! :lol:

-Hak-

My mistake, it's an Iraqi T-72. Here are some pics of what I have (if I did it right...)
Here's the T-72, FOV
PICT2698.jpg

My Brits (chally is FOV)
PICT2686.jpg

My PLA (nothing special here)
PICT2684.jpg

Some 1/72 HMMWV's, still need to be painted, they look a bit small
PICT2679.jpg

My Marines
PICT2676.jpg

and my UH-60
PICT2682.jpg
[/img]

What brand is the BlackHawk? I need 3 more and really dont want to pay $45.00/e for the FOV ones I've found.

Dorb said:
What brand is the BlackHawk? I need 3 more and really dont want to pay $45.00/e for the FOV ones I've found.

thats a 1:64 scale blackhawk :D

http://www.flyingmule.com/range/diecast-model/aircraft/new-ray/

It figures I just threw the box away a couple days ago. I don't think it's the new-ray, however. I can't remember if it's 1/60 or 1/64, but it's one of those. I paid $16 at a local hobby shop. I'll probably pick up another when I get some rules.

BTW, that link lists the new-ray as a 1/60...

Thanks Scotty59. I used as little effort as possible. :lol:

Note the tables and terrain are made available for public use at Eagle and Empire. So I can't take any credit for the terrain and table. I have to admit, it is nice to buy product, open it and play a game right after on Gale Force 9 tables and terrain.

Back