Elric character generator program.

danskmacabre

Mongoose
Hi there, are there any Elric character generator programs available?

If not, I was thinking of creating a google documents char generator spreadsheet and when it's done and stable, make it available to the public.

I assume i'll need permission to make it publically available though, so who do i need to ask permission?

It's not for profit or anything, just to make life easier to generate chars.

There is an Elric Excel version that's been promoted on these boards. I've got a feeling (haven't checked yet) that it might be available on the MRQWiki. Butr there's definitely one out there.

http://mrqwiki.com/wiki/index.php/Character_Sheets

But, when I tried the link just now, it didn't open. Could just be my machine, though.

Well if someone has a copy of it, I'm happy to host it on my site (Assuming the creator of the xls generator is ok with it).

You can email it to me at arioch@chaos8.com

I'm currently developing an rpg fansite at chaos8.com.
The Elric rpg will be one of games I'll be writing about.

Magistus said:
Hmmmm seems the MRQ Wiki site is down.
Up now. ::shrugs::

The Elric .xls has been removed from mediafire - it was not uploaded to the wiki. If someone knows where one is, please do amend the wiki link, o rupload it, or get in touch with Magistus or me with the file.

Halfbat said:
Magistus said:
Hmmmm seems the MRQ Wiki site is down.
Up now. ::shrugs::

The Elric .xls has been removed from mediafire - it was not uploaded to the wiki. If someone knows where one is, please do amend the wiki link, o rupload it, or get in touch with Magistus or me with the file.

Well the wiki site was up for me, but the xls link was /is dead. As you say it's been removed from mediafire.

danskmacabre said:
Anybody had any luck tracing down a copy of the Elric character generator xls?
Coz I really want to get a copy of it.
PM me with your email address and I'll send it to you :).

I have edited the mrqwiki to link the elric character generator to my site now.
I have tested it and it works fine.

[edit]
I uploaded it to the wiki site and edited the link to use that, may as well keep it all in the same place.

have edited the mrqwiki to link the elric character generator to my site now.
I have tested it and it works fine.

You didn't test it enough, as clicking on the Melnibonean button didn't change the character's characteristics. You could also see that every time a macro was activated, the screen would flash, proof that it was the work of an amateur with Excel with too much time on his hands and not even enough knowledge to add "Application.ScreenUpdating = False" to each of his macros... BTW, that amateur was me. I corrected the glitches, it should work better now.

Here, I uploaded it to the MRQWiki at the address http://mrqwiki.com/wiki/images/b/ba/ElricCharGenV2.xls . But I don't have the permission to modify the "Character Sheets" page.

However, it's fortunate that it was put back on the 'net, as I had lost the file when I got a new computer and transferred most of my files from my old one to my new one. I made the mistake of giving Vista a chance and it gave me no end of trouble with every now and then a refusal to transfer files because I didn't have "permission" to do this (despite the fact I was administrator on that computer and that, if I changed the location of the files on the old computer, suddenly I could transfer them!). Vista must have had refused the transfer and I forgot to do it again later, so I lost it.

So, anyway, lesson to everyone, if you buy a computer with Vista, delete it immediately and install XP if you can. Save yourself a world of trouble.

I can't get v2 of the character generator to open properly. It downloads OK, but when I try to open it I get a message that it might be read-only or that the server it is on might not be responding. Could you double-check that it's working OK? Many thanks! :)

Sival said:
You didn't test it enough, as clicking on the Melnibonean button didn't change the character's characteristics.

No I didn't look that closely at it tbh, I haven't started running the campaign yet, or generate a Melnibonean.

You could also see that every time a macro was activated, the screen would flash, proof that it was the work of an amateur with Excel with too much time on his hands and not even enough knowledge to add "Application.ScreenUpdating = False" to each of his macros... BTW, that amateur was me. I corrected the glitches, it should work better now.

lol, Meh, u have better excel skills than I do, I don't use Excel much.

Thanx for updating it anyway.

Sival said:
Here, I uploaded it to the MRQWiki at the address http://mrqwiki.com/wiki/images/b/ba/ElricCharGenV2.xls . But I don't have the permission to modify the "Character Sheets" page.

I changed the link on the wiki as well for you.
All you need to do is log into the wiki (assuming u have created an account on the wiki page).

Back