Element-class/Amara-class Cruiser Captain's Office (is there one & if so, where is it?)

Was looking at the deck plans. Had trouble finding anything definitely labeled as being the captain's office. Is there one, or does the Captain just use his quarters or the nearby senior officers' mess as an office?

Between the bridge and the spa, there’s an area with four offices and four briefing rooms.

I assign one of each to the three high staterooms (captain, XO and commodore/fleet commander (if present)) and the fourth office/briefing room to the officer of the watch/general use.

The other group or offices, just astern of senior officer quarters, I assign to the heads of each department (who also inhabits the normal staterooms within the senior officer area)

I'm not a huge fan of the new deck plans, where ALL of a given system is in one large block of color coded squares. Anybody with any familiarity with ships at all knows that 'everything in one place' is an often-wished but seldom realize dream for shipbuilders.

But in this edition, the offices of the CO, Marine CO, the Chief Engineer, Flight Officer, and [aboard the Deepnight] the Mission Commander and Chief Scientist would part of their generous quarters allotment. The 'offices' allotment is probably for the administrative staff... the supply/logistics, personnel, intelligence people, etc. Even with the very high end computing capabilities of TL-15, a ship's administrative staff needs more room than a lot folks think.

The Element cruiser box has a set of very detailed deckplans for the entire cruiser, with individual staterooms, offices and so on marked on the plan.

There is an additional area of offices, briefing rooms and computer rooms on the deck below, where I imagine most of the admin staff have their domain.

Back