[EDIT] Return to the Road of Kings postponed

The King

Cosmic Mongoose
Book Description
Nemedia, Ophir, Brythunia, Hyberborea, Zamora with its dark-haired women and towers of spider-haunted mystery, Zingara with its chivalry, Koth that bordered on the pastoral lands of Shem, Stygia with its shadow-guarded tombs, Hyrkania whose riders wore steel and silk and gold. But the proudest kingdom of the world was Aquilonia, reigning supreme in the dreaming west. As the Road of Kings takes a traveller through the glittering and decadent realms of the lost Hyborian Age, so too does this tome work toward the same end. These fabled lands of ancient times are the shimmering background of your Conan The Roleplaying Game, the gleaming backdrop against which your action is set. These cultures, the grand forbearers of more modern times, are magnificent and degraded all at the same time. Each culture has its dark, rotten core and its flashy exterior, its gilt mask of civility.

http://www.amazon.com/Return-Road-Kings-Gareth-Hanrahan/dp/1905850085/ref=sr_11_1/103-6373273-9467061?ie=UTF8&qid=1173871271&sr=11-1

It seems to be a regional book on the several smaller Hyborian kingdoms.

The good news is that it will be 160 pages. 8)

There is also the rule book

http://www.amazon.com/Conan-2nd-Gareth-Hanrahan/dp/1905850069/ref=sr_1_1/103-6373273-9467061?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1173873273&sr=1-1

+

The screen

http://www.amazon.com/Conan-Masters-Screen-Gareth-Hanrahan/dp/1905850077/ref=sr_1_2/103-6373273-9467061?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1173873273&sr=1-2

I hope this one will be sold with some adventure.

Return of the King...errrr, Road of Kings sounds good.

I love the idea of a new GM screen - but not with the same artwork! I hope it has a new montage of Chris Quilliams cover artwork. Looks like no map is included - instead of the same map from the old GM screen (hanging on my wall) Mongoose should include a detailed closeup map of just the Hyborian nations. That would be sweet and very helpful!

Strom said:
Return of the King...errrr, Road of Kings sounds good.

I love the idea of a new GM screen - but not with the same artwork! I hope it has a new montage of Chris Quilliams cover artwork. Looks like no map is included - instead of the same map from the old GM screen (hanging on my wall) Mongoose should include a detailed closeup map of just the Hyborian nations. That would be sweet and very helpful!
I like the return of The King, but I never departed. :roll: :D

Noticed that it isn't Vincent Darlage making these sourcebooks.

Can anyone supply details about the author of these books, Gareth Hanrahan? I notice he's the one in charge for Return to Road of Kings and the 2nd edition.

MGBM said:

Can anyone supply details about the author of these books, Gareth Hanrahan? I notice he's the one in charge for Return to Road of Kings and the 2nd edition.

Don't trust Amazon for author information... I am writing Return...

VincentDarlage said:
MGBM said:

i'm pre-ordering my copy right now!

the light begins to shine after the long cold wait!

VincentDarlage said:
MGBM said:

Can you tell us what it is about? Is it a regional soucebook or something different?

I just hope these books have actual new content, instead of being just a rules update. If they do, well, guess I'll have to loot another Stygian caravan to gaing the loot on these arcane tomes.

The King said:
Can you tell us what it is about? Is it a regional soucebook or something different?
I want to ask the same thing. Will it expand the information given in the first Road of Kings or just update a few things to 2 ED ? Is it a gazetteer or something else ?

Mongoose has posted the cover to Return to the Road of Kings:

conanreturn.jpg

Nemedia, Ophir, Brythunia, Hyberborea, Zamora with its dark-haired women and towers of spider-haunted mystery, Zingara with its chivalry, Koth that bordered on the pastoral lands of Shem, Stygia with its shadow-guarded tombs, Hyrkania whose riders wore steel and silk and gold. But the proudest kingdom of the world was Aquilonia, reigning supreme in the dreaming west. As the Road of Kings takes a traveller through the glittering and decadent realms of the lost Hyborian Age, so too does this tome work toward the same end. These fabled lands of ancient times are the shimmering background of your Conan The Roleplaying Game, the gleaming backdrop against which your action is set. These cultures, the grand forbearers of more modern times, are magnificent and degraded all at the same time. Each culture has its dark, rotten core and its flashy exterior, its gilt mask of civility.

The original Road of Kings supplement to the Conan, the Roleplaying Game, explored this harsh world. Return to the Road of Kings expands upon this great work and provides new rules and information for the 2nd Edition.

To be released Aug. 20th! Which means the 2nd edition rulebook has to be before that. 8)

I like the cover - all it's missing is having one of the rogues looking back toward the reader - a la Kirby. 8)

I wonder will the new 2nd edition books carry a Conan RPG 2nd edition logo/icon to help distinguish them from the first edition books? :lol:

Strom said:
To be released Aug. 20th! Which means the 2nd edition rulebook has to be before that. 8)

Yes, yes it does. Or at least they have to be simultaneous. Never fear, though: Conan 2 will be ready for August.

Strom said:
I wonder will the new 2nd edition books carry a Conan RPG 2nd edition logo/icon to help distinguish them from the first edition books? :lol:

There will be, but we only decided on that yesterday so the preview cover for RRK doesn't carry it. In addition, the books will have a blue fabric-y effect on the back and spine (rather than the current red one) to allow easy distinction on your bookshelf.

Hi guys,

The main rulebook is shipping next week!

As for Return to the Road of Kings, the editor simply cannot work any faster, I promise you!

msprange said:
As for Return to the Road of Kings, the editor simply cannot work any faster, I promise you!

This was the first thign that came to mind when I read that:

Msprange: Lord Vader, this is an unexpected pleasure. We are honored by your presence...
Darth "Ted Chang" Vader: You may dispense with the pleasantries, Commander. I'm here to put you back on schedule.
Msprange: I assure you, Lord Vader. My men are working as fast as they can.
Darth "Ted Chang" Vader: Perhaps I can find new ways to motivate them.

:lol:

LBH

Back