Duck Minis

Vadrus

Mongoose
I have just noticed the pictures of the Duck miniatures and just have to say how brilliant I think they look.

In the campaign I run ducks have always been considered a bit sinister and these new figures look like they'll fit the bill nicely :D

Vadrus

and at least these guys have bronze weapons. Although they look outmached against what appears to be a bunch of broo runelords!!

:D

My Duck history is sketchy, but other than the Keets of the East Isles, I think they are pretty localized to Maniria. I wonder how this fits into the Second Age setting...

And, is it my imagination, or do those duck minis look sort of like ninja turtles?

Whow, those are the best looking ducks I've seen to date. They look as fearsome as the black pirate duck from Drakar och Demoners (swedish RPG) monster book, if not more so.

Those are minis I am going to want, and I want many of them :)
I NEED those minis in my collection. Just like I needed to have all the heroes of Star Wars minis, and a bunch of Stormtroopers (even though I never use them I just love painting them and look at them).

The Broos were not that impressive, I agree. I hope that the quality of the minis will get better and better.

And finally, are there anyone else that get a very "braveheart" feeling from the duck with the raised sword? I almost expect him to roar "for freedom!" and charge...

Urox said:
My Duck history is sketchy, but other than the Keets of the East Isles, I think they are pretty localized to Maniria. I wonder how this fits into the Second Age setting...
I expect that they fill the same role as Hobbits in LOTR, and that there's plenty around doing whatever it is that Ducks do in their spare time.

Maybe that's what the God Learner Secret is all about?

GbajiTheDeceiver said:
I expect that they fill the same role as Hobbits in LOTR, and that there's plenty around doing whatever it is that Ducks do in their spare time.

Hmm, do you think that secret comes with a huge SANity loss? (knowing what ducks do in their spare time sounds like it borders on insanity) ;)

Archer said:
GbajiTheDeceiver said:

Hmm, do you think that secret comes with a huge SANity loss? (knowing what ducks do in their spare time sounds like it borders on insanity) ;)
Depends on whether it's duck season or wabbit season, really.

GbajiTheDeceiver said:

I think the above would qualify as "Too dreadful to even think about" if it were in the old Tales of the Reaching Moon rumours column...

GbajiTheDeceiver said:

The Ducks do have several secrets which haven't been revealed. I know one involves Dilecti and the Upland Marsh -- hrm, that's interesting, as I just realized it may not apply MRQ.

The other is the secret of their origin. The most popular theory is a Gods Age curse, but it's unclear if they are birds cursed with the loss of flight, or men cursed with the form of birds.

And as for the God Learners Secret, well, part of it may be that there were really two secrets...

GbajiTheDeceiver said:
Archer said:
Depends on whether it's duck season or wabbit season, really.

LOL.
I wonder if there is any culture in Glorantha that has a recipie for anthropomorphic ducks.

Archer said:
I wonder if there is any culture in Glorantha that has a recipie for anthropomorphic ducks.

Well, trolls eat everthing, and I suspect they would have several (tasty) recipies.

Tusk riders have been known to brew ducksblood ale.

Eww - don't like them at all! With the "bouffant hair" and paint job my first thought was elves with masks on...

To my mind they're much too upright and human – but then the old Ral Partha duck adventurer was a representation I liked a lot. Probably just the biologist in me, but those poor buggers ain't going to float very well with an anatomy like that…

O Dinas Powys said:
Eww - don't like them at all! With the "bouffant hair" and paint job my first thought was Elves with masks on...

To my mind they're much too upright and human – but then the old Ral Partha duck adventurer was a representation I liked a lot. Probably just the biologist in me, but those poor buggers ain't going to float very well with an anatomy like that…

As another biologist I'm somewhat ambivalent. I _like_ the new duck minis in that picture, although I don't much care for the paint job there :/

The more human-like ducks certainly won't float on their butt like a regular duck, but then again a Gloranthan humanoid-duck is supposed to be an excellent diver. Parhaps they are good swimmers, but not exactly like a regular duck.

They are nice. I havent read the background, I bought the old GW/Chaosium version (all the books) aaaages ago,but never plaed them. Hopefully, I will read the fluff then get the MGP version. I love the models, very well sculpted sharp crisp miniatures. Well done to whoever sculpted them. I will be getting them for Hordes of the things (my duck army needs a behemoth) and runequest generally.

I really like these myself. I far prefer the ruffled feathers on the head look to the Donald Duck look that was very prevalent in older RQ pics and models. And I like and have plenty of the older minis myself, these just kick them in the tail feathers!

The sculpts themselves are lovely (of course I have had the opportunity to see them up close), with a nice array of equipment. And the ducks all have a p****d off expression which I find wonderful.

Now for the footy.......

Back