Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I do not know

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ScipioAmericanus said:
Well...he says it's "a casting from the original...." Right.

It's a toy...and a badly-painted toy at that.

I bid...oh wait...here's some rug lint! I bid that.

Hello All,
Well I must say I am deeply dissapointed. I am a big Starship troopers movie fan and have been collecting props since the movie came out.
I loved the idea of the miniature game and added some of those miniatures to my collection as well (even they are not screen accurate)

What I show in the auction is 100% a real casting from the the real dropship they used on the big rodger young. I take great offence that some of you call me a fraud!
I am proud to own this. I guess some of you are to young to understand the importance of these props.

I got some full scale bug parts, rodger young and Tac models, production paintings, storyboards and other props. Most of it come from people that worked on the movie.

Please talk about stuff you do know something about. Game miniatures perhapes?

Greetings,

BasD

Well, according to your auction the model is only an inch tall, which would explain the lack of detail.

trooperprop said:
What I show in the auction is 100% a real casting from the the real dropship they used on the big rodger young.

So it is a 100% real copy of the original?

I am proud to own this.

But not too proud to sell it?

I guess some of you are to young to understand the importance of these props.

No. But this isn't a prop, as it wasn't used in the movie.

I got some full scale bug parts, rodger young and Tac models, production paintings, storyboards and other props. Most of it come from people that worked on the movie.

But these are not what you are selling.

You know, insults never help.

trooperprop said:
ScipioAmericanus said:
Well...he says it's "a casting from the original...." Right.

It's a toy...and a badly-painted toy at that.

I bid...oh wait...here's some rug lint! I bid that.

Hello All,
Well I must say I am deeply dissapointed. I am a big Starship troopers movie fan and have been collecting props since the movie came out.
I loved the idea of the miniature game and added some of those miniatures to my collection as well (even they are not screen accurate)

What I show in the auction is 100% a real casting from the the real dropship they used on the big rodger young. I take great offence that some of you call me a fraud!
I am proud to own this. I guess some of you are to young to understand the importance of these props.

Greetings,

BasD

If your a big SST fan and a collector of these items and, as you say, so proud to own this thing.....then why are you selling it ?

You have two posts here dude and they are both in this thread that just happens to contain a link to your auction. Could it be that your simply trying to flog off your merchandise under the guise of a SST fan starting a thread on how MP should make more dropships !!!!!

Bullsh!t

awesomeshotdude said:
Greg,

Sorry to pretty much say what you just said but when I started your post wasn't there :lol:

That's okay. I took me a while to split his posts into different quotes to answer his points.

We both had the same thought, though - if he's proud of it, why is he selling it?

:D

Well, from his ad, it says that the mini is a casting FROM an original prop, so that's probably why he doesn't mind selling it, since he probably has more. Sorry Bas, Mongoose is already doing all the drop ships featured in the movie, and no one can use a 2 inch model for this game. Sell your stuff else where-to people who care.

Hmmm...

This one?
1134064109468.jpg

or this one?

1134064261211.jpg

or even this one?

belittle-flame_thrower.jpg

And this is just playful ribbing...

or is it?
tinfoil.jpg

ScipioAmericanus said:
trooperprop said:

Ummm...last time I checked this IS a game miniatures board. Lemmee see...yep. Still is.

Troll elsewhere.
Yeah seriously dude, this isn't an advertising forum, these are company forums and not too many of us are interested in $50 figurines that only reach 1" in height. When I pay $50, my model should be at least half a foot long and have more detail than that.

Go advertise somewhere else, you're just spamming. :roll:

Flinchy said:
Well, from his ad, it says that the mini is a casting FROM an original prop, so that's probably why he doesn't mind selling it, since he probably has more. Sorry Bas, Mongoose is already doing all the drop ships featured in the movie, and no one can use a 2 inch model for this game. Sell your stuff else where-to people who care.

You are correct, this is one of the best things said about the topic.
I hoped that some of you were interested but I was very wrong. I understand that some of you do not like to see something not game related here but it is not a fraud and the description makes that clear. Do not insult me with some wiseguy talk. Some of you should read better.

I sure will be keeping my eyes open for Mongoose dropship version!! (as well as any other movie based miniature)
All the best,

Bas

For all of you that are interested check out this photo of the deck of the large Rodger Young. From one of those dropship the castings are made.
http://www.starshipmodeler.com/Other/rydeck.jpg

trooperprop said:
For all of you that are interested check out this photo of the deck of the large Rodger Young. From one of those dropship the castings are made.
http://www.starshipmodeler.com/Other/rydeck.jpg

didn't some guy post that pic a while back.... except I swear he had made that whole scene himself with self sculpted minis...??? maybe I'm just crazy but I totally remember that pic

veon said:
didn't some guy post that pic a while back.... except I swear he had made that whole scene himself with self sculpted minis...??? maybe I'm just crazy but I totally remember that pic

No, that's a legit photo; I saw it a few months back when I first got into this game and started trolling the 'net for SST stuff.

I think the movie collectible market is just a different kettle of fish, guys. Yes, this is a small miniature and it is not an original, but it is decently cast and the seller is being honest about it. If nobody wants to pay $50 for it, so be it. No skin off our collective noses either way, really. There's somebody on eBay who regularly sells pewter copies of the Rodger Young (BFG-sized) *every week* for $20-30. I considered buying one but resisted the temptation eventually.

Once upon a time, I played some 40K with a movie modeler. We used actual pieces of the Titanic models as terrain in our big game. They were being thrown out by the garbage can-full after they finished shooting and he saved some of the pieces for gaming. I wonder how much they'd have gone for? I've seen some obscure Blade Runner originals go for a hefty price, these might have done as well.

Talarius said:
I think the movie collectible market is just a different kettle of fish, guys. ... I've seen some obscure Blade Runner originals go for a hefty price, these might have done as well.

I have no doubt that actual movie props are worth a good deal.

But copies of movie props?

The real problem I have with this guy (speaking for myself) is that he is trying to sell his over-priced knock-offs here.

Greg Smith said:
The real problem I have with this guy (speaking for myself) is that he is trying to sell his over-priced knock-offs here.

Yeah I totally agree. To make it even worse though, he tried to slyly disguise his opportunistic sales push as a genuine SST thread about MP making more models based on the movie for the sole purpose of sucking blokes into his ebay link.

If he was a genuine forum member and was up front about selling the item...no problems. What he's done here though is not that far removed from all the recent spam post.

awesomeshotdude said:
Yeah I totally agree. To make it even worse though, he tried to slyly disguise his opportunistic sales push as a genuine SST thread about MP making more models based on the movie for the sole purpose of sucking blokes into his ebay link.

If he was a genuine forum member and was up front about selling the item...no problems. What he's done here though is not that far removed from all the recent spam post.

Exactly. Well said.

Greg Smith said:
awesomeshotdude said:

Exactly. Well said.

Double True!!

Back