DragonCon 2004: Conan: The Throne of Blood

Lando The Archmagi

Banded Mongoose
Here is my event for DragonCon 2004, being held on Sept 3-6th in downtown Atlanta, GA. Hope you'll come by and play.

Mongoose Publishing is providing prize support, thanks guys!

More details:

http://www.dragoncon.org

Event Details:

Event: The Throne of Blood
Type: Role-Playing Games (Non-RPGA)
Game System: Conan D20
Game Master: Ross Simmerman
Price: $3.00
Duration: 4 hrs.
Start Times: Sun 6 PM (slot 11), Sun 10 PM (slot 12), Fri 6 PM (slot 3),
Sat 6 PM (slot 7), Sat 10 PM (slot 8)

Description:
"Know, O Prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars - Nemedia, Ophir, Brythunia,Hyperborea, Zamora with its dark-haired women and towers of spider-haunted mystery, Zingara with its chivalry, Koth that bordered the pastoral lands of Shem, Stygia with its shadow-guarded tombs, Hyrkania whose riders wore steel and silk and gold. But the proudest kingdom of the world was Aquilonia, reigning supreme in the dreaming west. Hither came Conan the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the earth under his sandled feet."
- The Nemedian Chronicles

The Throne of Blood is an adventure based on some of the events in the Conan story "The Hall of the Dead" and the party will begin in Shadizar The Wicked. The party will do some meeting and investigation in Shadizar and learn about the ruined Larsha "The Accursed" city in which the ruins hold the Halls of the Dead and the untold riches including the Throne of Blood which their benefactor desires to be reclaimed.

That's pretty cool. I am considering going to my first GenCon this year, and I was hoping someone would run a Conan game. Alas, thus far it is not so.... :( Anyone thinking of running one? I bet you'll have no less the three players (me and a couple of others going) at your table!

Zen Ken said:
That's pretty cool. I am considering going to my first GenCon this year, and I was hoping someone would run a Conan game. Alas, thus far it is not so.... :( Anyone thinking of running one? I bet you'll have no less the three players (me and a couple of others going) at your table!

Can't afford GenCon and will likely never go, as DragonCon is local, its free for me as a ongoing RPG staff judge and just as much fun. I've also got family attending, so while I'm gaming, they're having fun. This will be my eighth consecutive year as a RPG judge. I've had fun running everything from White Wolf to Star Wars d20 and had support from a few companies. Looking forward to the support Mongoose has offered and am very thankful to be running Conan as I'm enjoying the game. I hope to introduce many new folks to it as well.

I got five four hour sessions planned, which instead of running the scenario the same in each one I plan to run a huge ongoing game for the whole con and will be bringing a map or two and miniatures. I'm running this game online to by the way. See my signature.

BullBear said:
What do you mean by running the game online?
Will players not be around a table playing?

The game at DragonCon and listed in the first post of this thread will be live in person, no holds barred Conan. I will give the players options to make pcs or use some pregenerated ones I plan to have. I expect most will want to craft a pc as the game will be ongoing through all five sessions. This is certainly not a 4 hr one time scenario, will be 20 hrs of ongoing Conan, with the prizes provided by Mongoose going to the best roleplayers as usual. The fee is just to help offset the cost of the rent and use of the hotel space by DragonCon and the gaming staff/players.
Typically DragonCon offers a "dealer coin" which is like a gift certificate to use in the their dealer/vendor room to buy whatever you like, but I like giving actual prizes, which is why I'm very happy Mongoose Publishing had no hestitation when I asked. I expect to recruit new players and of course see some old friends.

My games have been popular at DragonCon (I've been a RPG judge for eight years and have a few small awards too, always invited back. My 3 yrs of Star Wars games made lots of happy fans). So needless to say, I expect to sell out slots. So if you can come, do stop by and say hi. I'll be downtown Atlanta all weekend and will be not only gaming, but hanging out at various workshops/events/seminars for everything from fantasy to scif, since I'm a huge fan of lots of stuff. Been going for 10 yrs.

I wanted to invite anyone interested to check out the game I'm running online as a playtest and advertised here previously.

Got four players from this board playing with 2 slots apparently open now since 2 folks have failed to participate for over a month.

http://www.online-roleplaying.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=479

Back