Dragon*Con 2005: Return to the Throne of Blood: Conan d20

Lando The Archmagi

Banded Mongoose
By Crom I'm back! I've got prize support promised by Mongoose again, see you there or feel my steel!

Convention: Dragon*Con 2005
URL: http://www.dragoncon.org
Event: Conan d20: Return to the Throne of Blood
Type: Role-Playing Games (Non-RPGA)
Game System: Conan D20
Game Master: Ross Simmerman
Price: $3.00
Duration: 4 hrs.
Start Times: Fri 9 AM (1), Fri 1 PM (2), Sat 9 AM (5), Sat 1 PM (6)
Description:
'Know, o prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars - Nemedia, Ophir, Brythunia, Hyberborea, Zamora with its dark-haired women and towers of spider-haunted mystery, Zingara with its chivalry, Koth that bordered on the pastoral lands of Shem, Stygia with its shadow-guarded tombs, Hyrkania whose riders wore steel and silk and gold. But the proudest kingdom of the world was Aquilonia, reigning supreme in the dreaming west. Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet.'

Last time we saw our brave heroes, they were knee deep in trouble in the haunted ruins of the city of Larsha in search of the fabled artifact known as the “Throne of Blood”. They met many horrors here in the ruins, some of which brought about the demise of their companions. What other horrors still await them to unearth the fabled treasure of the ancient temple? Will they be brave enough to face Zarthos, the demon-god of Larsha? Remembering you made an agreement with the wizard Thaltos to bring him the Throne of Blood back in Shadizar The Wicked. Or will they risk his wrath and possibly their souls and take the Throne for themselves?

I received my prize support for the con, thanks again Mongoose!

I shall have a few other tidbits possibly as well that I'll be pitching in for those I deem worthy of earning them and the Dragon*Con RPG prize staff typically gives "Dealer Coins" too to folks who get placed.

Hope to see some folks itching to play at the convention now only a month away.

Crom!

Greetings, Lando called the Arch-mage:

As the past 15 years or so, I'll be attending that grand-daddy of all party and fandom conventions known as Dragon*Con. And though I may very well have no time for a Conan session -- whether Throne of Blood or open gaming -- I'd like to at least to drop by and say "hello" (or some facsimile thereof ;)).

Also, I live in the Atlanta area, and if I'm not mistaken, I believe you do as well (?). As such, I'd be interested in any Conan RPG activity you might have going on in the area. I have fairly recently begun a Conan campaign myself (lots o' fun so far), running about once a week.

Lastly, I'm the dude that posted several months ago about perhaps running Ian Sturrock's Hyborian Tales LARP rules. I currently direct a Middle-earth live-action troupe and we're looking at possibly branching out to include the occasional HT adventure (or perhaps even Cthulhu Live). Thought I'd make mention of it again in case you were interested, being local and all (again, I'm assuming my memory serves me correctly here ;)).

In any case, see ya at D*Con! :D

-MikeY

Hyborian Elessar said:
looking at possibly branching out to include the occasional HT adventure (or perhaps even Cthulhu Live). Thought I'd make mention of it again in case you were interested, being local and all (again, I'm assuming my memory serves me correctly here ;)).

Greetings MikeY,

Well if you caught the first post in this forum, my real name is Ross. ;)

I have gone by Lando for many years on the Internet. I did run a BBS at one time here and yes, I live/work in the Atlanta area since 1981. This will be my 12th yr or so attendng Dragon*Con and 11 yrs of volunteering as RPG staff. I'll be around, so do stop by and say hi. You'll likely find me wandering around in the gaming hall/dealers room etc. I am staying at the Hyatt as well if you'd like to do any gaming.

My current in person campaign is "Rifts", but that might change as the party is slowly dissolving some. I'd be more than open to joining a Conan campaign if you've got room. Do drop me a line. Also be happy to alternate GMing. I'm also a fan of LOTR and most fantasy/scifi and some horror.

In the past 11 yrs I've run a variety of games at the convention. This will be the 2nd year for my Conan campaign.

I run some PbP games (including the precedessor to this Conan game) here:

http://online-roleplaying.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=478

Well, my game went pretty good, 2 out of the 4 sessions had players and they had a fun time.

Mongoose Publishing thanks again for the prizes, the two best players from the 2 sessions that did show enjoyed the game.

The convention was a huge turnout and Conan was definitely around some, just D&D was ruling the convention this year.

Not sure if I'll try running it again there, but maybe with the news of this game... it might get more attention.

Talked to the PR lady for Funcom.com and she showed me the preview for this. They had a display with a Todd McFarlane "Conan Throne" and a replica sword etc.

http://www.ageofconan.com/

Back