Does anyone play on Vassal?

Your visible to me. You may need to update the version you have. Try the current version here

http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:A_Call_to_Arms:_Babylon_5_Space_Combat

We got the game played. 3 point raid, no terrain, just line up and fight. Both were rusty on rules and he wasn't that familiar with vassal so both felt it was good idea to keep things simple to begin with.

I had centurion, 2 demos and 2 darkner which I had settled pre-game. Opponent slapped down var'nic and then I joked bring in g'quan. He said "sure" and even though I tried to convince him that it would be BAD idea he insisted and brought also var'nic.

Didn't take that many turns in the end. Var'nic succumbed after 2 darkner's had fired and centurion finished it off. He managed to cause slight damage to centurion with e-mine and var'nic. Darkner escaped almost unharmed from e-mine(6 AD, 1 hit on 3+) and had suffered slight damage from ion torpedoes.

Then game was pretty much wrapped around when one demos fired the ballistic torpedoes on the g'quan. 4 hit, FOUR criticals and g'quan was left adrift with -2AD on weapons which need 4+ to shoot and both traits knocked down.

With just that helpless g'quan vs 5 practically unharmed centauri ships that was game. Tough for g'quan to survive centurion +2 darkner + ion cannons from demos and THEN maybe get the engines operational again. And by then I'm BEHIND that lumbering ship running merrily around. I could just stay outside the 10" range and wear the poor fellow down slowly. Or just go for quick kill and not worry about g'quan's secondary guns.

Still we both got things refreshed and I realized just how much I had missed good old B5 space combat. We'll be doing this again in future and if somebody else is interested in playing game or two just give a shout :)

(also up for noble armada and star fleet though there we need some proxying in the vassal)

I had alot of fun, but got stomped. Tneva82 told me jokingly to bring a G'Quan so the game would end quick. I told him sure, and just slapped one down. The game ended alot faster then I thought, but ws fun none the less. He got some very amazing rolls lol.

Zarash said:
I had alot of fun, but got stomped. Tneva82 told me jokingly to bring a G'Quan so the game would end quick. I told him sure, and just slapped one down. The game ended alot faster then I thought, but ws fun none the less. He got some very amazing rolls lol.

The "knock out g'quan with single salvo" was particulary crazy.

Albeit this was biggest flaw of B5 game. Criticals could have too dominating effect. Been thinking of porting the critical system from noble armada to babylon 5. Might be much needed help for the bigger ship. Maybe give devastating trait to some bigger guns.

tneva82 said:
Albeit this was biggest flaw of B5 game. Criticals could have too dominating effect. Been thinking of porting the critical system from noble armada to babylon 5. Might be much needed help for the bigger ship. Maybe give devastating trait to some bigger guns.

I've never played Vassal before, but does it include the optional Redundancy rules from P&P? That does a lot to help large ships last longer.

nightshade said:
tneva82 said:

I've never played Vassal before, but does it include the optional Redundancy rules from P&P? That does a lot to help large ships last longer.

Vassal does nothing rulewise. It's virtual game board with dice roller. So you play by the rules players do. It does NO rule validation when you play.

All it offers is board, ability to put pieces on it plus ship data.

Had forgot those rules. I'll give 'em a try.

We played another game after series of issues(like me not having working computer for couple weeks) keeping from playing. 5 pts raid, ISA vs narn's.

I screwed up by starting on board with all. Also bought white star fighters with 1 raid point which was waste against emine fleet. Made movement errors first turn too which resulted in most of fighters dead. What I SHOULD have done is come from hyperspace to attack the 2 dag'kar's from behind rightaway. Those 6 AD AP TD emines were brutal.

I gave up when I had just intact and damaged white star and he had both dag'kar's, thentos(or something like that), G'vrahn something and ka'toc left. No real chance to win and I need to get up early tomorrow so called it quits.

Star of the game was though white star named Ivanova. First turn he opens up firing and blew up Ka'toc. 2 hits with improved neutron, 6,5 critical and total of 39 damage. Even CBD didn't save it...Pity it didn't literally blew up but was adrift. Next turn almost same story vs slightly damaged rhontos(or something like that spelling) destroying it too and dodging everything narn were throwing at her. Technically the way that ship was rolling I could win the game all by herself but I don't think luck would be holding ;)

Babylon 5 mantra: "Ivanova is God!" :D

We actaully forgot to use the redundancy rules. It would have been better in his favor as he was using all raid ships. Raid ships can ignore 1 crit a turn with redundancy I believe. I had a very fun time playing non the less.

We played a 5pt raid.
I had:
2x Dag' Kar
1x G' Karith
1x Thentus
1x Rothan
2x Ka' Tok

I gave up when I had just intact and damaged white star and he had both dag'kar's, thentos(or something like that), G'vrahn something and ka'toc left. No real chance to win and I need to get up early tomorrow so called it quits.

Change the G' Varahn to the G'Karith. He had 2 White Stars, and I had these ships left. I think he still may have won if he had longer to play.

Technically the way that ship was rolling I could win the game all by herself but I don't think luck would be holding

He did not need any more ships just the 1 White Star named Ivanova. She took out the 2 ships that I lost. She was just as tough as she was playing in the show.

With the way the dice rolls were I think that your luck would have held LOL.

Zarash said:
We actaully forgot to use the redundancy rules. It would have been better in his favor as he was using all raid ships. Raid ships can ignore 1 crit a turn with redundancy I believe. I had a very fun time playing non the less.

Well it wouldn't have really changed anything. Crits didn't come into play. Ships just got worn down. Stupid dodge-ignoring e-mines :evil:

Change the G' Varahn to the G'Karith. He had 2 White Stars, and I had these ships left. I think he still may have won if he had longer to play.

Nah when the dag'kars reload they would knock out another white star and my damage output was seriously reduced.

Back