Disguise

Voltumna

Mongoose
Can someone else disguise you, and use a disguise check made by him? Or you would only benefit from an aid another bonus if someone is dressing you up, but still need to make your own disguise check?

It doesn't really specify one way or another in the actual rules, but I would guess that anybody can use a Disguise check on any other willing person. It happens in the movies all the time.

But I'd also say that you can get the benefits of an aid another action as well, as having more people helping out is always good for a disguise. The more people that give it the thumbs up, the better.

A person with craft <alchemy> can make fire orbs and give them to other characters to use. It wold not make sense that the user of the skill is the only one who can utilize the fruit of whatever skill is checked.

Use common sense.

I think the problem is that disguise, I think, involves acting also, its not just putting on make up and a wig but acting the part,
I’m not sure how bluff would also play in to this but that is where I see an issue with using disguise for other characters

Any thoughts?

Belkregos said:
I think the problem is that disguise, I think, involves acting also, its not just putting on make up and a wig but acting the part,
I’m not sure how bluff would also play in to this but that is where I see an issue with using disguise for other characters

Any thoughts?

When you wear a disguise you don't have to play a part always. 5 ranks of bluff gives you a +2 sinergy bonus to disguise when you are being observed and try acting the part. But you don't have to make any bluff checks, that's a sinergy, and thus effortless. It comes naturaly to a bluffer with 5 ranks. I wonder if you make a good bluff check while in disguise and at the moment of say, getting past the guards, if that could give you an aditional bonus to disguise.

Belkregos said:

Any thoughts?

I would play it as Belkregos has it listed. The disguise skill is based on pyhsically altering your appearance but also acting the part against a skill check even if it gait, posture, etc. At the very least, I would penalize the other character. Otherwise, why take it? Just have someone else disguise you when needed.

Check out the character the Disguise Master from Conan the Defiant. Interesting character that took discuise to the ultimate level.....

HLD

Back