Differences between 2nd Ed and 1st Ed besides the "rule

nezeray

Mongoose
Hey Everyone,

I'm buying the 2nd edition for B5 RPG and I was wondering if there is anything that's in the 1st edition that isn't in the 2nd edition. I'm planning on selling my 1st edtion book if it's all represented in the 2nd.

Thanks!

James / Nezeray

If it were me, I'd hang on to your first edition for a bit yet Nezeray, at least until we get a fuller 1E/2E conversion document.

LBH

Thanks LBH,

I was actually thinking in terms of the "fluff" rather than rules. I don't have a regular group to play the RPG with so there won't be much to convert.

I'll probably hold onto the Hardback book and sell off the pocket guide.

James / Nezeray

Well I have the first printing HB, the 2nd printing HB and the Pocket Edition. I'll probably keep them all. Especially the 2nd printing HB, signed by MSprange and CC as it is.

LBH

Greg Smith said:
The deatails of first season episodes aren't in the 2e rulebook.

All the season details were going to be in the Complete Season Guide..but that has since vanished off the radar apparently :( So in that regard all 1st ed Season Guides and the 1st ed rulebook for 1st season info are still necessary if you want game info relating to them.

Neo said:
( So in that regard all 1st ed Season Guides and the 1st ed rulebook for 1st season info are still necessary if you want game info relating to them.

Yeah, but they'd be more use with a fuller conversion guide!

LBH

Well, since I survived the change from D&D 3.0 to 3.5 by just using the SRD, I think I'll survive doing the conversions here. Especially since I've successfully converted some old 1st ed modules for 3.5. :)

Of course everyone is different.

James / Nezeray

Well we were promised that all our existing supplements would be compatible, even says so on the back of 2E, but there are no conversion rules for Equipment, Weapons or Ships, and some supplements like the TechnoMages guide you don't have a clue how to convert the class across, particularly how to give them Influence.

I don't want more than what I was told we'd get, compatibility.

LBH

Ah, I see. I'm waiting for my FLGS to get in my copy. I tried to get it through Barnes and Noble but they have NO information on it. Just everything else that MGP is putting out.

Did I mention I have a gift certificate and get a discout there? That I can't use now?

Oh well. Luck's a box of chocolates, eventually it runs out.

James / Nezeray

Though interestingly, the most recent announcements about the 2E release haven't mentioned full compatibility, but it does say it on the back cover.

So where's my fuller conversion guide? :lol:

LBH

Back