DEXCON 10

Hey comrads,

Just wanted to let you guys know about Dexcon 10 in New Jersey, USA.

I will be running demos the whole weekend as well as scenarios. I will also be doing two painting workshops based on all the wonderful ideas that we have all been teaching each other. I would love to see any of you who are in the states stop by and say "Hi".

Two big scenarios that I will be running will be "Battle of the Line" and "Between the Darkness and the Light." I will run others like Giant Slaying and such.

If any of you have ideas, advice, or comments please let me know. I want to make sure this goes very well and I have a lot of happy B5:ACTA fans as well as new converts.

-OTSK

Well, I am just thinking it would be nice if anyone had anything to say about it, suggestions, ideas. This is the first time I am doing this so call me crazy but I am a little nervous and want to make sure it goes well. Not to mention we do have a FEW people in the states so I just want to make sure they are aware of it and if they are not, thus the bumping, in case they log on and the post is at the bottom or the next page.

Thats all, not trying to be annoying or anything.

yeah. i'm afraid i havent got any suggestions and i don't live in the states, but if we keep posting comments someone should eventually say something :)

I got an email sunday from a player in some of the ACTA games played there...he said he fell in love with the game after he saw my ACTA cards...it brought a tear to my eye! :wink:

Chern

Hey Chern!

Yeah, I have been using your cards ever since you have been posting them on your website. I love them and other players did too...anyone who played ISA or Shadows got a chance to use them and two players openly asked me where they could find them and I gave them your name and your website address. We love them!!! Dexcon 10 was a huge success and Alex from Mongoose was really pleased! I will be doing a full report on it asap.

Thanks again,
let me know if I can help you with second edition and also, I do plan on making my new Raiders, Ghosts of Omelos, which I would love to send you images to use in your cards.

take care dude!

originally I was waiting for an image of a "raider nova" before doing the raider list, but now I'm waiting on all of them until 2E comes out. I'm hoping to put together something quick once I get the books, provided I get them before conquest SF, where I'm still hoping to demo 2E.

Chern

"OTSKs" did a fabulous job and we must have played B5 for 8 hours almost straight. I haven't had that much fun in a long time getting a new game memorized.

Chernobyl, if you knew how hard it was to get me to post on ANY forums you would absolutely die knowing how much fun your cards made the game, I will be downloading every one of them. You two guys made me have to start posting. "OTSKs" really did a nice job putting them in covers for permanent use.

Health did not let me be as active on the forums before but that has changed 100% lately, I will be seeing you all as much as possible.

"OTSKs" pretty much blew the convention away, so he will have no problem getting space at the next one Dreamation or Dexcon 11 when ever they make the dates public. when they do I will post them.

If there are enough interested, we could even see if we can run a championship or Tournament, if Mongoose would approve or sanction it.

We can do it for sure, I am one of the guys that helps run the miniatures track.

Thanks for the stuff! Both of you!

Be Well
William

I'm sorry I missed this thread, I ran an Earth-Minbari war demo game of ActA at Gaelcon last year and I would have been glad to answer some questions.

This is John from Dexcon. Just want to say I had an awesome time at the B5 table. Really enjoyed all of the scenarios especially the Battle of the Line. Thanks guys, you rock!

Looking forward for the next Dexcon and in the meantime maybe some B5 goodness in the area. 8)

This is Marc from Dexcon. I flew the Narn Ka'Bin'Tak in the free-for-all after the Battle of the Line scenario.

Any game aid that fits that much information into that small a space while still looking both cool and professional deserves kudos - and those cards do just that! As soon as the 2nd Ed. cards are available I will abuse the company printer and make up... lessee... the Narns and who else... can't decide yet...

Bear in mind that I did make up a pair of cards, using some heavy card protectors that I had lying around and then showed them to my friends even though none of us own the game... :D

I had a great time playing ACTA that night. I am going to add my name to the player list that is elsewhere in the forum... and then I have to do the dishes... :)

Thanks Marc. Vote in the poll I just created for the fleet you want to see get the 2E ACTA card treatment first...

Chern

Back