Demonic Language in the Lovecraftian Mythos

Sven

Mongoose
Hi.

The Demons and some other creatures and scholars can speak Demonic.

I wonder: This should be some kind of Mythos Language?

But which one?

The most possible language could be Aklo, the language of the Serpent Men from old Valusia. This would fit especially with Stygian Scholars.

But could it be the only one? What about R'lyehian?

What do you think?

I think the demonic is the language of the outer space ones, not the language of serpent men. Then, it could be the mythos language and seem to be the first magic language. Actually i don't know very well the chtulhu mythos

vince the french said:
I think the demonic is the language of the outer space ones, not the language of serpent men. Then, it could be the mythos language and seem to be the first magic language. Actually i don't know very well the chtulhu mythos
The problem is, there is no real default Mythos language. R'lyehian seems to be the most used "Mythos language" in Lovecraftian works. The spawn of Cthulhu usually communicate telepathically, but there is a written form which is also used in altered form by the Deep Ones.

Other races like the Yithians or the Elder Things from the Antarctica had their own language , but they also used Telepathy or some other meaning of non-verbal communication.

Any other suggestions?

I was toying with the idea of having spoken Demonic to be the Ur-Language that everyone can understand, that's how demons manage to communicate with humans without taking Berliz classes.

Note that a significant amount of mythos languages are not actually connected to evils beings, but they are languages of ages past.

Back