Deepnight Revelation errors

Old School

Mongoose
Finally got a change to download and review the updated files today. The added art looks great. No attempt to be comprehensive, but I did see a few errors that remain from the previous set of files:

Expansion Book 4 p. 86 (87 of PDF) – “hanger space for 600 tons of craft”. The hull has 600 tons of hanger space, which accommodates 300 tons of craft.

Expansion Book 5:

p. 34 (35 of PDF) – last paragraph. Reference to ship lasers doing 2D damage vs. 4D??? Deepnight Revelation has beam lasers, which do 1D damage, so 1DD on the personal scale.

p. 61 (62 of PDF) – 2nd paragraph: “the moment work arrives”. Should be “word”

p. 66 (67 of PDF) – “Predicting Officer” should be Presiding Officer

p. 75/76. Pretty sure the Tenzig Class Exploration Vessel doesn’t need a Dual Cockpit to go with the 40 ton bridge.

Old School said:
Expansion Book 4 p. 86 (87 of PDF) – “hanger space for 600 tons of craft”. The hull has 600 tons of hanger space, which accommodates 300 tons of craft.

The cruiser has three of those hangars, for a grand total of 900 tons of craft.

Old School said:
p. 75/76. Pretty sure the Tenzig Class Exploration Vessel doesn’t need a Dual Cockpit to go with the 40 ton bridge.

Why not? Can't wait to see the typical Traveller trying some desperate piloting aboard that cockpit! :lol:

On a side note, I loved :mrgreen: the deckplans of Deepnight Revelation, but apparently the various Errata noticed in the last week will remain uncorrected :( ...

Baldo said:
Old School said:

The cruiser has three of those hangars, for a grand total of 900 tons of craft.

Old School said:

Why not? Can't wait to see the typical Traveller trying some desperate piloting aboard that cockpit! :lol:

On a side note, I loved :mrgreen: the deckplans of Deepnight Revelation, but apparently the various Errata noticed in the last week will remain uncorrected :( ...

Regarding the hanger, Yes: the quote is regarding an individual secondary hull, of which there are three. The ship stats are correct with 1,800 tons of hanger space.

One nice thing about cracking the PDFs is I can fix the errata myself if I want. I don’t bother with the printed books.

Old School said:
One nice thing about cracking the PDFs is I can fix the errata myself if I want. I don’t bother with the printed books.

In my case I *MUCH* prefer the printed books, I read the PDFs only when I lack access to my books (as shown above: I remembered the three hangars but not the specific text you pointed, oops :oops: ... ). This is also the main reason I'm not pre-ordering the latest books from Mongoose right now, I want less nebulous Release Dates for the printed books...

Baldo said:
I want less nebulous Release Dates for the printed books...

Very understandable - once we get past this virus business, delivery from the printers should become a lot more stable.

Just noticed another one, although its likely far too late. In Ex Book 5, the two page primer on the Solomani expedition has been moved from page 4 to page 51, but the table of contents has not been updated, so all preceding listing are off by two pages.

Back