[D&L] Explain Tech Points usage

Cypher

Mongoose
I'm trying to make my own tech goodies, and I can't figure how to do it.

Mostly I don't know how you get the Vorlon fighter and transport from the various technologies. The listing doesn't quite match stats or the TP totals given.

any clues or ideas?

Edit: Also what is the smallest size class that can have a jump engine?

I wouldn't worry too much about not being able to generate exact copies of existing prestatted ships using the points system. I mean some of the show characters' stats in other supplements don't match the build rules. It's the hero factor.

As for the Jump Engine question, on P. 50 it says Vorlons can build a Jump Engine into anything larger than a briefcase.

As to your other questions, I'll let you know when I figure it out myself.

LBH

The standard ships don't match the build rules because they're mass-produced - think of them as package deals. If you just want a standard transport, you just pay the listed cost, but if you want to pimp your Star Dreadnought, you can add on extras or build a unique ship for a higher cost.

Where are these Tech points from? I haven't seen them before and do not know what book to find them in.

EricRoss said:
Where are these Tech points from? I haven't seen them before and do not know what book to find them in.

Darkness & Light - the Shadows & Vorlons book that was released earlier this year.
The Tech points are used in the calculations for the construction and use of some Ancient technologies.

DW

Back